Getting one !

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been mulling it over for a while so I sold one of my 1150s and will be picking up a 14 plate World Crosser early next year.
I already have a long list of farkles but seeing that I already have some old aluminium Zega boxes for my 1150 I'm keen to also use them on the S10 which would save having to get hold of anything else, I can get racks from Holan but can I assume that the cases will sit in the right position on the S10...not too high or low ?
Anyone else with the same set up ? Or is anyone looking to sell a set of Touratech / Holan compatible racks ?

Oh, and a Madstad bracket :rolleyes:

Congratulations on the S10, a wise choice! I've got a pair on Zega Pros on mine the fit is great with Touratech racks. The racks come up on ebay from time to time, it's also worth a look here https://www.yamahasupertenere.com

I've left the stock screen and mount on mine but added a spoiler to the top of the screen, cured the buffeting a trouble a treat.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Just echoing the sentiments, the S10 is indeed a great bike, so congratulations on your fine taste in motorcycles :beerjug:

By the way, I have a Touratech rack for the S10, reason for sale? I have just bought a Givi rack from this very parish.

Sounds like that could work out nicely for the pair of you!

Ah! I should point out that the Touratech rack that I have is the rear rack for a top box. Hope this helps.

Over weight and under powered, wasn't a fan of mine.
ad77841281c44a4f225c807be497ed73.jpg

I had one for a couple of years, I loved it, but had to swap it for something smaller and lighter due to knackered knee and hip, and also a gammy left hand had trouble with the clutch. Excellent build quality, comfortable, reliable and plenty fast enough for real world riding.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 644
Check out the forum, as yoyo suggests - the luggage permutations seem endless; it's purely down to personal choice.

With the Gen1 screen, you will benefit from the Madstad setup & some winglets, Yamaha or otherwise, which cut up-draught turbulence.

Ah! I should point out that the Touratech rack that I have is the rear rack for a top box. Hope this helps.

That's a pity ! I'm going to use a plate on the back for a roll bag but will still need pannier racks :)

Congratulations on the S10, a wise choice! I've got a pair on Zega Pros on mine the fit is great with Touratech racks. The racks come up on ebay from time to time, it's also worth a look here https://www.yamahasupertenere.com

I've left the stock screen and mount on mine but added a spoiler to the top of the screen, cured the buffeting a trouble a treat.

Great info, thanks :thumb2

The famous sliding forward on the seat routine did my head in til I put the rubber stoppers on.

I've not read anything yet about rubber stoppers but people seem keen on re-profiling their seats ? The seat on my 1150gsa has the same problem but chucking a sheepskin on seems to sort it all out.

Over weight and under powered, wasn't a fan of mine.

I know that they aren't everyone's choice but after doing over 50k miles in the last few years on my 1150gsa I think that the S10 will be reasonably slick by comparison !
Also, my partner is still keen to travel as pillion so until the day that she decides otherwise I'm going to need something a bit overweight and underpowered...until I change the exhaust and get the ECU flashed :rolleyes:

The seat levelling mod is what you need to search for, you basically switch out the large rubber stops for smaller ones that level the seat, it makes a hell of a difference.

The seat levelling mod is what you need to search for, you basically switch out the large rubber stops for smaller ones that level the seat, it makes a hell of a difference.

Added to the list :thumb2

Indeed, made a huge difference.

Or can the large rubber stops just be cut smaller ?

These are the large ones, though I thought it was swapping out the small for the large.
3b5f7c7f49aeafe1f1920c9ad39f3df7.jpg

Edit: Fuck me that picture turned out shitty didn't it.

Or can the large rubber stops just be cut smaller ?
You could I guess but for the price of the shorter stops i didnt think it was worth the effort, I also liked the idea of being able to put it back to standard if I didnt like it.

Back
Top Bottom