Newbie to biking and a GS

I’m 5.8 on standard gsa with seat on low setting

You just have to be sensible with stopping etc

I’ve done tens of thousands of miles issue free.

The bikes not too big, and you’re not too short.

Just ride it commensurate with the conditions

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure but assuming one is generally in proportion and not a duty ET I recon 5.7 is ample tall to hack a GSA.

As for low speed moving about etc, again a lot of the dramas can be got around by thinking about where one stops etc

I manage it and I’m one of the biggest fuckwits I’ve ever met

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life got in the way for a while but I’ve ordered a low seat from BMW (via my brother who works for them) which I should get in the next few days. I’m hoping it will give me more confidence with the bike, hopefully enough to go back to a standard seat if the low one proves uncomfortable

Ive got a standard height GS1250 with a low factory seat.
Inside leg of 29 and 5’7 tall and with suspension on low its a perfect height

As far as I can tell, you can’t lower the suspension on a standard (Non adventurer) 2016 1200GS?

I’m sure it’s just confidence being fairly new to riding. I was Very nervous of the bulk of my R nine T for quite a while but I don’t think twice about it now

I have a low chassis R1250GS with comfort seat and have fitted the Wunderlich lowering bungs. With the suspension on standard height it is fine for my 29” inside leg.

What did make a difference is buying a pair of Harley-Davidson waterproof lace up boots. Once you get used to the thicker soles and using the gearshift, it gives you more confidence, especially when paddling/reversing on a wet concrete floor.

Welcome along.

Perhaps not the ideal choice of bike for the shorter rider. /[/url]

Utter crap!

Ive had a GS for two years, straight on on it from passing my test... oh no a first time rider on a big bike ...Madness, its just not done, YAWN.

Oh and i'm a short arse too!!

If the OP wants a GS , good on him,

I rode for 18 months, with a low seat and was fine, never had any problems with rider comfort lol

Just remember, we can ride pit ponies down tunnels, and see in the dark ;)

As far as I can tell, you can’t lower the suspension on a standard (Non adventurer) 2016 1200GS?

I’m sure it’s just confidence being fairly new to riding. I was Very nervous of the bulk of my R nine T for quite a while but I don’t think twice about it now

Yes you can, its just a shock front & rear.

chuck in a low seat and its done ...

The frame is the same size, otherwise it wouldnt fit the engine lol

its how the mothership do it

Yes you can, its just a shock front & rear.

chuck in a low seat and its done ...

The frame is the same size, otherwise it wouldnt fit the engine lol

its how the mothership do it

I meant lowering the suspension electronically with the settings? People have mentioned ‘putting suspension on low’ which I haven’t found a way to do without actually changing the suspension?

I fitted the low seat today and it’s made all the difference. I feel much more confident now :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom