Location of the diagnostic connector: Gen 1 and Gen 2 'Flying brick' K-series?

Nick V

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys! :)

I'm doing a major overhaul of the Hex GS-911 user's manual.
Part of the new manual is a comprehensive table that shows the locations of diagnostic plugs on every BMW that GS-911s are compatible with.

Please can someone help out with the location of the diagnostic plug on the following K-series models?
1st generation:
K1
K100RS
K1100RS
K1100LT
2nd generation:
K1200RS
K1200GT

Indebted to anyone who can help with reliable info. Double points if you post a picture of the diagnostic plug in its natural habitat. :thumb

K1200LT - under riders seat next to the shock adjustment hand wheel (light grey cap) :

K1200GT - under passenger seat at rear towards tail section :

K1100LT - behind LHS side panel (4 pin rectangular connector) :

J, thank you for the pics! Super helpful. :)

On the K1200LT, are you sure the grey cap belongs to a 10-pin diagnostic connector?
A different source says the connector is at the rear of the underseat compartment, in front of the tail light.

Also... do you know if the connector location is the same on the K1200RS as on the K1200GT?
My understanding is that the GT is simply an updated version of the RS (I've never worked on either one).

J, thank you for the pics! Super helpful. :)

On the K1200LT, are you sure the grey cap belongs to a 10-pin diagnostic connector?
A different source says the connector is at the rear of the underseat compartment, in front of the tail light.

Also... do you know if the connector location is the same on the K1200RS as on the K1200GT?
My understanding is that the GT is simply an updated version of the RS (I've never worked on either one).

Yes I'm sure - the one at the rear near the tailight is the connector for the wiring for the top box high level brake light and vanity mirror light

Also confirmed on BMWLT Forum , see link below :

https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/25694-diagnostic-plug.html

Can't comment on K1200RS as I have never had one

K1200RS connector location:

Attachments

• 2006_1119Image0023(2).jpg
    2006_1119Image0023(2).jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 653
nicholsonj2252 and notagser: You guys are stars. :thumb2
This is hugely appreciated. The info that's coming in is making the difference between 'Can't Be Done' and 'Done Before Breakfast'.

Just to point out - nicholsonj2252's K1200GT photo is of the later slant 4 (2006-2008) not the Brick K1200GT, so same as later-still K1300GT (2009-2011) like mine!).

HTH

A

Andysdad, thanks for that. :thumb2
The 1200 and 1300 slant fours are actually the easiest of the bunch - on every single model, the connector is in the same place.

Andysdad, thanks for that. :thumb2
The 1200 and 1300 slant fours are actually the easiest of the bunch - on every single model, the connector is in the same place.

Are you still needing images Nick. I could take one for S1000XR if you wish.

Jim

Are you still needing images Nick. I could take one for S1000XR if you wish.

Jim

Hi Jim!

Thanks for the offer! I have everything sorted - the table is complete, and I've move on to other sections of the manual.
I'll let everyone know when it's ready for release. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom