Street sleeper number 2

That looks lovely so far.... can’t wait to see the finished job.

Bit late to the party on this but that looks stunning. Is it finished yet? What kind of BHP is it making and more importantly what's it like to ride? I've got a bitsa ST project on the go and would be very interested in making it go faster. Ta:thumby:

Bit late to the party on this but that looks stunning. Is it finished yet? What kind of BHP is it making and more importantly what's it like to ride? I've got a bitsa ST project on the go and would be very interested in making it go faster. Ta:thumby:
Work in progress,
Too busy to get near project bikes post lockdown,
Hope too be on it again next week,
Street sleeper no 1 is three steps backwards as customer decided to change plans and fit usd forks,brace frame ,blue print engine,q tech subframe etc,
I’ll update the thread soon..:thumb
Power wise 70 bhp plus I guess,
If you are hoping to end up with a fast air head ,sorry to be a doom munger but you have the wrong heads..
From what RM tells me the later para heads are best for reworking,.
That aside,depends how far you want to go,
Feel free to call me regards eng mods ,
I have lots of bits that could be breathed upon.:thumb2

That sounds quite high to work well with low octane fuel......back in the day I used to fit 2x base gaskets to my airheads and it still wasn’t enough to stop pinging on some of the fuel I came across, eg petrol cut with Parrafin!.

Getting through work backlog so.
Air intake stubs,
32mm are to small.40 mm too big.
So,the idea is to reduce the size of the 40 mm to suit the dellorto carbs,
End result,external size correct ,internal size still has a taper into the inlet port

Attachments

• 8C6F3934-11CE-4C3D-A494-24F0989A43A6.jpg
    8C6F3934-11CE-4C3D-A494-24F0989A43A6.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 551
Hi Mikeyboy.

I was wondering how the Dellortos will be jetted for that hotted up engine , do you use r90s jet set up?
Cheers
Stuart
Richie moore gave me some base settings for the jetting,
Which by my seat of the pants dyno seem to be spot on.:thumby:
Apart from some tweaking the bike is finished,
I’ll post some pics next week once it’s been for an mot and had a final clean .:bow

It’s nearly been a month since we were promised pictures...... I’m sure Mikey just likes keeping us in suspense .....

PICTURES.... please

Back
Top Bottom