Headlight protector

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a headlight protector for 2019 GS Rallye. I have the oem driving light mount with driving lights on the bike. The bmw isn’t really an option, I really don’t like it

I've had the Touratech one on 3 bikes. I like the ability to pull it off to facilitate cleaning. The paint on the brackets on mine flaked a little and I subsequently had them powder coated.
You can buy a kit with just the polycarbonate headlight protector or you can get the metal grill version or a combination of both I believe.
Here's some guy fitting it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZmuSBIkq2A

i bought the wunderlich with clear lens.Bit of a pain to fit

Touratech perspex pull off one all the way! You get what you pay for im not keen on those ebay engraved ones very thin perspex i had one in 2015.

Update

Hi Gents,

Thanks for all your help, I opted for the Touratech clear protector in the end, picked it up from the Adventure Bike Store on Friday last as I was in the area close by. Very happy with it, looks quality.

Does anyone know of a LED light being taken out by a stone? I ask, as I was punted punted off at 40mph, with the light being ripped from the bike (along with forks etc), yet the lamp remained intact, with only a few scrapes on the lens etc.

I fitted the Power Bronze headlight protector, it was the clear lens that I chose although they they do sell tinted ones. It attaches with 3 industrial type stick on velcro tabs, easily removable for cleaning, doesn't seem to get hot, and no stray reflections that can sometimes occur if the lens is stood off the light.
b4d5388e5a45ba3b7b1aee0c515a4212.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have the Altrider set which comes with both the powder coated grill version and the plexiglass (or whatever it is).
I tend to always use the grill as it looks more manly and hard core.
I have heard that there could be a risk of the Plexiglas glass versions causing the headlight to overhead as it restricts air flow to the light. Probably a load of old cobblers though.

Back
Top Bottom