2019 R1250RT LE price...

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys. Happy new year and all that. I'm looking for some price advice. My wife decided last year that she didn't fancy touring on a motorbike any more - just after I bought the 1250. What with one thing and another, I only put 2,400 miles on it last year.

So, New Year's Day has got me thinking about selling it and buying a bike for just me to go out on for the day. I've never owned a Triumph, so (at 65) I might go down that route.

Anyway, the thing is, what sort of price do you think I could get for it in the early Spring? I'd be selling it without the topbox and without the Nav 6, but with the Wunderlich front crash bars and the Heed rear crash bars.

Thanks in advance

I can tell you the dealer 'trade price" is £12300:eek: I'm sure you don't need me to tell you selling so early on in ownership will result in the biggest loss.

The new RT minus all the panniers really isn't any bigger than a GS/GSA and is a doddle to poodle around on. I see where you're coming from on this but unless you want to take a big hit I'd enjoy the RT a little longer

Yeah, I wouldn’t sell it to a dealer. I’d sell it privately and buy a secondhand bike. But I do get your point - very much so. Food for thought... Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can tell you the dealer 'trade price" is £12300:eek: I'm sure you don't need me to tell you selling so early on in ownership will result in the biggest loss.

The new RT minus all the panniers really isn't any bigger than a GS/GSA and is a doddle to poodle around on. I see where you're coming from on this but unless you want to take a big hit I'd enjoy the RT a little longer

Furthermore, a majority of folks are buying on finance which you cannot offer. There are also deals to be had on "stock" bikes, so you would have to be careful with your pricing. I got over £2K off a machine bought 2 days before the end of Q2/2019 from a dealer who wanted the numbers.

I don't have the panniers mounted unless on hols and I sometimes ditch the top-box for a fabric tail-pack - it all makes the bike much lighter.

Furthermore, a majority of folks are buying on finance which you cannot offer. There are also deals to be had on "stock" bikes, so you would have to be careful with your pricing. I got over £2K off a machine bought 2 days before the end of Q2/2019 from a dealer who wanted the numbers.

I don't have the panniers mounted unless on hols and I sometimes ditch the top-box for a fabric tail-pack - it all makes the bike much lighter.
Hmmm. Further good advice. Thanks

I had a Triumph sprint GT prior to my current RT the triumphs are very top heavy I tried several when changing bikes last time.

I had a Triumph sprint GT prior to my current RT the triumphs are very top heavy I tried several when changing bikes last time.
Thanks for that. I'm thinking along the lines of a Speed Twin, but a decent rest ride is a must before taking the plunge.

I reckon you d be looking in the 15-17k range realistically for private sales.

Its a shame though, as it is really a wonderful solo bike too. Triumphs are getting wonderful lately, some seriously lustful machines out there now, inc the new Rocket. But imho there are myriad little niggles that would drive me mad in the long term. Switch ergonomics, some cable routing, finishing touches on bits and bobs etc. although as i said the last Triumph I experienced was a - new then - 1050 tiger more that 10 years ago.

I reckon you d be looking in the 15-17k range realistically for private sales.

Its a shame though, as it is really a wonderful solo bike too. Triumphs are getting wonderful lately, some seriously lustful machines out there now, inc the new Rocket. But imho there are myriad little niggles that would drive me mad in the long term. Switch ergonomics, some cable routing, finishing touches on bits and bobs etc. although as i said the last Triumph I experienced was a - new then - 1050 tiger more that 10 years ago.
Cheers for that. If I got somewhere in that range, I'd probably take it. Thanks for the thoughts on the Triumph option. Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom