Screens, screens and more screens.

Might be interested, how come you changed?
Didn't like the look. Wanted the tinted OEM and then went for the MRA X-Creen on top. Just being a tart really. The Puig is better, especially if you wear a GoPro on top, just doesn't look as good imo.

This will show you what it's like on and Vs the GSA OEM screen. Just popped up on my Google memories as I must have fitted it in the Christmas break 3 years ago. Was gone by Easter and back in its box.
4a582ab52d38d1d32f0af2f5c6b20b1f.jpg
7343aa41bde42aa38229cb585939cb0c.jpg

That is pretty big! I'm only 5ft 10". Do you think i could get away with putting a GSA screen on my GS for more wind protection?

I'm only around 5'8" and the Puig is perfect for me most of the time on the lowest setting, only raising it when the weather gets very rainy or cold.

I do take it off for holidays in Spain etc. as it is too protective and put the std one back - a 10 minute job. Downside is that I then have to use earplugs due to the noise.

Have tried a GSA one too and didn't find it much better. Used an Xcreen also, but that looked like a cheap bolt on accessory and still required additional support.

Everything is a compromise...

This will show you what it's like on and Vs the GSA OEM screen. Just popped up on my Google memories as I must have fitted it in the Christmas break 3 years ago. Was gone by Easter and back in its box.
4a582ab52d38d1d32f0af2f5c6b20b1f.jpg
7343aa41bde42aa38229cb585939cb0c.jpg

Bloody hell, that is mahoosive isn't it. TBH that's what bothers me slightly is that it may look out of proportion with the bike. I'll have to ponder further.

another one for the Z techique Vstream a few people who have ridden bike notice how sooth the air flow i

Attachments

• IMG_6228.jpg
    IMG_6228.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_6232.jpg
    IMG_6232.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 705
I did’nt like the MRA. Couldn’t get the spoiler to sit right. I went with the taller Givi screen and it was perfect. Also had a powebronze which was good aswell. Both did 1500 miles round France with little wind or buffeting. Keep an eye out in the for sale section. Something will come up. Buy it and try it. If you don’t like you’ll always sell and get your money back.

6f7cc4e69085f0f0ca6adf6a9c30534a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8f1d455a59bda6b86f9414fd439f6033.jpg

Thanks for the input.
At 6’ 1 I am happy with my Wunderlich Marathon and X-creen deflector setup. But sometimes get the itch to try out something new.
The wide deflector looks like it would keep a bit more wind off my shoulder area, which in turn should reduce wind noise (I have relatively wide shoulders and noticed that when I remove one hand from the bar and reduce my exposure, wind noise decreases).

With my current setup (shown below), I have eliminated wind/helmet buffeting completely.
I also tried the Puig touring & also the sport screens, but couldn’t get along with either no matter how they were set up.

2020011622324965--5730714165123999534-IMG_1953_heic-XL.jpg

puig screen

hi how taller is the Puig screen from standard gs1250 exclusive, I've tried a v screen but it was right in the eye line didn't like it as it obscures road ahead,do you still need supports for the puig and lastly which model puig screen are people using cheers

Hi can anybody identify the screen in the picture....is it standard or aftermarket.....thanks.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587851189728.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587851189728.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 382
hi how taller is the Puig screen from standard gs1250 exclusive, I've tried a v screen but it was right in the eye line didn't like it as it obscures road ahead,do you still need supports for the puig and lastly which model puig screen are people using cheers

I've just ordered the tinted Puig screen with visor/lip doodah and it said it was 110mm taller.

Not the best pic but this is Puig Vs the GSA OEM screen. Significantly taller and also wider too.
1377a9ea150d19c5f0897b4c4c1f637e.jpg

Also forgot to mention that they do recommend supports, I think Puig do a single sided support but some friends of mine found the screen still flaps alot and opted for the Cymarc supports which I've also ordered. Apparently with them it's rock solid.

Back
Top Bottom