Packtalk Bold Firmware Update problem

Rob J

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey,

Im having an issue updating the firmware on my 6 month old P/Talk Bold........

What works - I can login into my Cardo Community account and download the latest software to my Mac so all good there.

What doesn't work - When I plug in the device (using the original Cardo micro USB cable) the device is not detected.

I have tried this on multiple PC's as well but the Packtalk/device is simply not being detected on any go them...

I've also tried a full factory reset but to no avail.... :-(

I emailed also Cardo with the query but they have not responded.

Anyone got any ideas.

PS. Device originally purchased new form Amazon in June 2019 so they will not accept it as a return item.

Cheers

Rob :thumby:

The Cardo Community is not longer used for the Packtalk or the Packtalk Bold, you won't be able to do any firmware updates. You need to download the Cardo updater (app). You then use the app on your mac and not the community, you will need to register, you will then be able to update to firmware 5.3, which is basically a firmware update to get rid of the community. Try jointing the Packtalk Facebook community, loads of info and help on there.

The Cardo Community is not longer used for the Packtalk or the Packtalk Bold, you won't be able to do any firmware updates. You need to download the Cardo updater (app). You then use the app on your mac and not the community, you will need to register, you will then be able to update to firmware 5.3, which is basically a firmware update to get rid of the community. Try jointing the Packtalk Facebook community, loads of info and help on there.

I downloaded this app for windows and got no response to my Freecom 1 via the app so have gone back to the community page and the old updater. I have had no response via Cardo as to why? My unit is updated to latest v3.2 for this unit.

I downloaded this app for windows and got no response to my Freecom 1 via the app so have gone back to the community page and the old updater. I have had no response via Cardo as to why? My unit is updated to latest v3.2 for this unit.

That is because the app has been rolled out first for the Packtalk and Packtalk Bold (possibly also for other later models), v5.3 is a Packtalk update, not other models, I assume they will eventually start to use the app for other models, but not yet I guess.

had same issue and tried several different cables, what worked for me was connecting the device first and then launching cardo update app.

Brilliant, followed the advice and worked first time.

Thank you all for your help.

Rob :bow

Out of interest, how do you change the device settings on the Packtalk if the Community is no longer the method for doing so.

Yes the Cardo app that you have on your phone. Not Cardo Update which I have on my MacBook.

I've tried everything and it just wont do anything.It went half way round the circle to update then stopped and said there was no connection.To turn it on I have to plug it into the power first before it will let me switch it on after I try to update the firmwear.

Updates require updater to be installed and running in background also it can be slow to recognise packtalk is connected try a diffeeent cable and give plenty of time to find the device

had same issue and tried several different cables, what worked for me was connecting the device first and then launching cardo update app.

Now isn't that a helluva note! I've been having trouble updating my PTBold to 5.6. I tried the suggestion of closing out the updater, plugging up the unit and then launching the updater. It worked fine. The little blue circle filled right up and I got the message that all was good.

That's a quirk that needs to be better pointed out. Cardo seems to have problems with their support software. This is not the first time that I've had issues.

Thanks for the helpful tips.

Now isn't that a helluva note! I've been having trouble updating my PTBold to 5.6. I tried the suggestion of closing out the updater, plugging up the unit and then launching the updater. It worked fine. The little blue circle filled right up and I got the message that all was good.

That's a quirk that needs to be better pointed out. Cardo seems to have problems with their support software. This is not the first time that I've had issues.

Thanks for the helpful tips.

Do you not think it might be an issue with your laptop and how it sees connected devices. I have a macbook air and a surface pro and never have any issues when I plug my Packtalk in for updates and now running 5.7 on the Packtalk

Back
Top Bottom