DAKAR!!!!!!!

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have separated this from the discussion around the Africa Eco race which goes to...err...Dakar, to avoid further confusion!!

Anyway, the magnificent Dakar rally (in Saudi this year) is almost upon us. Coverage starts tomorrow night on Eurosport with a round up of the 2019 event.

I watch very little motorsport on the telly but absolutely love the Dakar - bring it on!

PG

Already set to record on the Eurosport channel...albeit only a summary show which is a shame.

Si Hewitt and Neil Hawker from ORS are both racing

6a7a91f41b7f995b49a0eaa876c288e8.png

Anybody know where best to catch up for those without eurosport?

Very much hoping the rally is not affected by current political issues. Whilst Saudi doesn't have a border with Iran, it's very close and as a country that's trying to align itself a bit more with western markets, it quite possible that Saudi hosts US military assets.

It would be tragic if the rally is once again affected by politics.

The rally this year should be affected by politics and human rights but of course the reality with the 'Dakar rally' is money.
For the first time, I'll not be following it.

The rally this year should be affected by politics and human rights but of course the reality with the 'Dakar rally' is money.
For the first time, I'll not be following it.

The final nail.

Neil Hawker has just posted that hes on the way home after having a big off on the bike and injuring his shoulder, such a shame after all his hard work.

Yep bad news for Neil.

Other than that, the racing is fantastic. Only one KTM in the top 5 at the moment, that's very unusual but we're only half way so the cumulative attrition on the bikes will probably expose any weaknesses in the other brands. Good to see KTM being properly challenged, though.

And in the cars, wonderful to see old man Carlos Sainz up at the top, and of course Peterhansel continuing to be competitive.

Eurosport coverage does well to show the country's natural beauty, as well as capturing the rally from the perspective of a few privateers.

Back
Top Bottom