Valuing an x challenge

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just testing the water really and not sure of its value so would welcome some advice.
I have a 2007 BMW 650 challenge, certainly not a garage queen, has been used as intended.
Currently mot,d till november 2020, mileage circa 15000, had a clock change at around 6000 miles.
Fitted with touratech large tank, ohlins rear shock, shefermeister bash guard , case saver and high level mudguard/headlight bracket, touratech rear panniers racks, toni archer comfort seat.
Comes with all original parts to turn back to original, plus some spare plastics and a second set of wheels fitted with Michelin ac10,s and mousses.

Would rather sell as one package, any ideas on value much appreciated.

Unfortunately no idea how to upload pictures:confused:

Are the spare wheels the original Challenge wheels? I would be interested in them please.

The rest as a package? £4500, possibly a little more come April.

Seems well inflated does that valuation,as much as I would like it to be worth that, I don't think it is.

I'd be tempted to put it up on ebay for what Simon suggested, £4500, and wait and see what happens. ..

There was one up there recently, standard ish spec, 7k miles and was £4700. I didn't think that would go, but listing ended fairly quick.

Failing that, I would revert to spec and sell off the bits.

If you're looking for the 3k mark (which I think is low) get in touch!!! !

Yep maybe nearer £4K and see what happens
Should have kept mine - I only paid £3995 for it brand new in 2007

I'd be tempted to put it up on ebay for what Simon suggested, £4500, and wait and see what happens. ..

There was one up there recently, standard ish spec, 7k miles and was £4700. I didn't think that would go, but listing ended fairly quick.

Failing that, I would revert to spec and sell off the bits.

If you're looking for the 3k mark (which I think is low) get in touch!!! !

OI - I was first!

Hi, I don’t want to step on any toes but if the pannier rails are available I’d be very interested.
Cheers

Tha is for all your interest, ime going to put the sale on hold, I've owned this bike for 10yrs and am not convinced I should be selling it! Thanks for all your interest:thumb

Tha is for all your interest, ime going to put the sale on hold, I've owned this bike for 10yrs and am not convinced I should be selling it! Thanks for all your interest:thumb

Salop isn't far from me, it starts just the other side of Stafford! Fancy showing me some lanes I can try my project out on please? And with your long term ownership of a similar setup, maybe you could give me some pointers and tips on what to change.... :thumby:

Attachments

• DSCN9514.web.jpg
    DSCN9514.web.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 209
Salop isn't far from me, it starts just the other side of Stafford! Fancy showing me some lanes I can try my project out on please? And with your long term ownership of a similar setup, maybe you could give me some pointers and tips on what to change.... :thumby:

Pm'd you re an event in March

Keep it mate :)

there was a stunning x country on eBay a few week ago with the x tank, 18/21 wheels, rebuilt everything and a small fortune spent . took 2 months to sell at £3995

You'll never sell it, cos of this :)

Attachments

• Oregon2013v1.jpg
    Oregon2013v1.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 161
Pacific coast, Oregon.
Ferret, Timolgra, myself and a few others did the western half of the Trans-America-Trail a few years ago.

I think!
No you're right GAZ, that was an epic trip. You still got yours ?

Yeah, I’m being hassled to sell it but I can’t quite bring myself to do it yet.

Back
Top Bottom