Tracks to routes and number of shaping points

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobump

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I use a mac and have converted a track to a route no problem. But I want to increase the number of shaping points that are generated. Looking at the interweb it appears you have the option to increase the numbers on a pc, but I dont appear to have the option on a mac or am I missing something?

Does the route follow the track and take the roads you want to ride? If so, why do you want to shape it further?

I use a mac and a pal I ride with uses a PC to make routes/share tracks and they have seem to take on a mind of their own from time to time. My thoughts are increase the number of shaping points, every couple of miles or so would reduce the chances of the routes altering. It seems an easy option to convert between track/routes to get the extra shaping points.

You could:

A. Share the track with him, so that he knows what his route is meant to be

B. Use the route shaping tool to drag the route away from the road and then bring it back again. That will create a shaping point at that point. Just check in route properties that it didn’t create a waypoint. If it did, change it to a shaping point

The most likely reason your friend’s versions of your routes differ, is that he’s maybe got different preference settings. Putting in more shaping points will indeed reduce the chances of a significant alteration but it might be easier if he just turned all his preferences off or at least made them the same as yours. It also assumes that he’s not running the routes you send him through some other software or third party maps.

as wapping has said just share the track and then let him convert it to a route job done,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom