MTC Failure warning again............

columbo-john

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked before but...... does anyone have any idea what might be causing MTC Failure warning on a 2013 1190 Adventure R?

I've had it a few times when first turning the ignition on. Turning it off and then on again cures that but this afternoon the bike cut out when I was accelerating up the A5 :censor::censor::censor: I thought to myself!! I coasted to the side of the road and stopped, I noticed the MTC warning flashing so turned the ignition off and on again and everything was fine for the remaining 35 miles home.

Now this escalation is a bit scary, I really could do without a bike cutting out when it feels like it. The bike has 48,600 miles on it and has had no issues otherwise. The bike was last in a KTM dealer in the summer for a valve check but all other work I do myself. I fitted a new battery in the summer as the voltmeter never got above 13.6 volts and it was 6 years old after all! It still doesn't get above 13.6V doh!

Any ideas chaps?

I know this question has been asked before but......

Any ideas chaps?

Um, look at the answers from the other times it was asked ;-)

You could ask your dealer to plug it in, maybe he can get a bit closer to the issue from the diagnostics tools he has?

Otherwise, as it is winter why not strip off the bodywork and tank and clean up all the electrical connections and make sure the throttle plates are nice and clean, cables lubed and all that sort of thing.

Failing that trade it in, 7 years / 48K before any issues is a good innings in my book, chop it in for a winter leftover special and make it someone elses problem.

Back
Top Bottom