Video Editing Software

L3nny

Reaction score
Microsoft Photos doesn't seem to work on my new PC and it's not great anyway.

Can anyone recommend some free or cheap software to stitch together GoPro videos?

QT quick time it's multi platform and cheap as chips and pretty powerful as a piece of software

Or adobe premier which you should be able to download a trail version for from creative cloud (adobe)

Avid Media Composer is a nicer bit of software to use but it gets pricey as a toy.

make sure you put all your files on a scratch disc or folder to help the computer find the files in one place....

What about GoPro's own free software? goPro studio or whatever it's called?

probably but it depends what your workflow is and if you want to add other things such as still, graphics modify the audio abit....

all of the software available uses similar tools and parameters so it more getting your head around the "how do I" questions.

I've never bothered with as supplied stuff only because we use Avid, Premier, Final Cut and everything we produce at some point ends up in Adobe CC for finishing.

I think you can even do it in youtube itself but it must take ages cos you've got to upload the lot then it crunches it around into a virtual file. Then the edit starts (sounds awfully slow) you add virtual clip handles and all that stuff it then processes all this shit in the background and sends you an email when it's ready... what a faff...!

Thanks, I'll give these a try, and if all else fails I'll just install MAC OS on a VM and use IMovie on there :eek:

Thanks, I'll give these a try, and if all else fails I'll just install MAC OS on a VM and use IMovie on there :eek:

that would be asking for nothing but trouble..... :)

movie maker is still in microsoft some place but it's a download from MS updates..?

Back
Top Bottom