Heated clothing

Looking to get a heated jacket or vest recommendations please?

If you are not bothered by your arms being warmed and / or don’t want to (easily) add gloves, buy a vest.

If you’d like the added comfort of having your arms warmed and maybe want to add gloves easily, buy a jacket.

I have done both over the years. Of the two, I much prefer the latter. That is all you need to know.

I’ll prob put a keis vest up for sale v soon

Pm me if you’re interested

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are not bothered by your arms being warmed and / or don’t want to (easily) add gloves, buy a vest.

If you’d like the added comfort of having your arms warmed and maybe want to add gloves easily, buy a jacket.

I have done both over the years. Of the two, I much prefer the latter. That is all you need to know.

I would probably buy a thinner heated jacket liner over a jacket (may be splitting hairs here), and probably a heated base layer over a heated jacket liner. Warm 'n Safe have both options.

Having said that, very happy with my heated jacket liner.

I had assumed by ‘jacket’, the fellow meant a jacket liner, not a full on electrically heated jacket.

Was always very happy with my Keis. Now I just take the car if it’s that cold! :comfort :D

Thanks

That’s OK.

The new electric thin jacket liners are very good. I haven’t tried the electric base layers, mentioned above.

I dump the original non-electric liners out of my jacket and trousers as soon as I buy a suit, just using the electric liners (or a couple of bog standard base layers) when the time comes.

My advice would be to visit somewhere like Infinity with your regular motorcycling kit (jacket and trousers) and see whether a vest or electric jacket suits you best by way of fit and how long / often you think you’ll wear either of them.

The remote controllers are definitely a nice luxury to have but not essential. Again, think how often you’ll use the heated kit. If you can justify a remote controller, great. If not, stick with the wired in controller.

The remote controllers are definitely a nice luxury to have but not essential. Again, think how often you’ll use the heated kit. If you can justify a remote controller, great. If not, stick with the wired in controller.

I have a dual remote controller mounted on my bars (using QuadLock) and it's surprising how often I will adjust the heat setting for gloves or jacket during a ride.

Previously, with the wired controller in my jacket pocket, it was pretty much set it before you go and if you were too warm or too cold, you'd ned to stop to adjust.

As you say, not essential. But I would buy one again.

I have a dual remote controller mounted on my bars (using QuadLock) and it's surprising how often I will adjust the heat setting for gloves or jacket during a ride.

Previously, with the wired controller in my jacket pocket, it was pretty much set it before you go and if you were too warm or too cold, you'd ned to stop to adjust.

As you say, not essential. But I would buy one again.

Indeed so.

I have a two dual controllers, one dual for separate control of the jacket liner and gloves. The other dual for, trouser liner and socks. I Velcro them onto the clutch reservoir, remembering to loop the retaining lead around something, in case they fly off.

They do save trailing wires and are easy to adjust on the go, for sure. But hey, you pays yer money, you makes yer choice.

Just in passing. I ran my Powerlet ‘Rapid Fire’ electric liner without the wireless controller, just to see what happened...... it was bloody hot!

Indeed so.

I have a two dual controllers, one dual for separate control of the jacket liner and gloves. The other dual for, trouser liner and socks. I Velcro them onto the clutch reservoir, remembering to loop the retaining lead around something, in case they fly off.

They do save trailing wires and are easy to adjust on the go, for sure. But hey, you pays yer money, you makes yer choice.

Just in passing. I ran my Powerlet ‘Rapid Fire’ electric liner without the wireless controller, just to see what happened...... it was bloody hot!

You are Warlords older brother aren't you ......

I just found out that my warm and safe lifetime warranty isn’t lifetime but wear and tear. The copper to carbon element has failed and this means it’s not wiring.

Whilst the trousers are 6 years old, they probably have been worn 20 times a year. Was told it’s old generation and I should expect it.

Previously I had Gerbing which spent more time with them than with me, but at least they kept the life time warranty. My warm and safe socks were too warm so that they burned my foot on one side.

This after the failure of the warm and safe controller (body worn part) just outside its warranty (cable had come off, so re-soldered it back) leads me to consider that the kit (heated clothing) in general has a short lifespan, and this needs to be factored in when purchasing.

Just got a Keis heated jacket wired up yesterday will be trying it shortly.

I used my relatively new Keis heated jacket for the first time in anger at the weekend, it's just not been cold enough to use it properly up until now.

Does anybody actually use these things on anything other than minimum heat setting? Around 150 miles at just above freezing and all I had on was a thin cotton long sleeved top, the Keis jacket and an unlined Klim jacket. The minimum heat setting was all I needed and I still found myself turning it off when going slowly through built up areas.

I was toasty warm and very impressed :)

Andres

I used my relatively new Keis heated jacket for the first time in anger at the weekend, it's just not been cold enough to use it properly up until now.

Does anybody actually use these things on anything other than minimum heat setting? Around 150 miles at just above freezing and all I had on was a thin cotton long sleeved top, the Keis jacket and an unlined Klim jacket. The minimum heat setting was all I needed and I still found myself turning it off when going slowly through built up areas.

Andres

I occasionally turn mine up to medium

Andres

I've never needed anything more than medium on jacket or gloves. And when I do turn them up to medium I always need to turn them down again shortly after. I was out enjoying the bike in the cold all weekend and was warm as toast. I was a little bit sorry for the people with us moaning about being freezing though....

Waiting for a Keis heated vest to be delivered, does it plug straight into the 1250's accessory socket or do I need some sort of adapter?

Waiting for a Keis heated vest to be delivered, does it plug straight into the 1250's accessory socket or do I need some sort of adapter?

It should come with a 'fly lead' to connect to your battery or other output (I have mine hard wired to the battery). No reason I guess why you couldn't chop the end off and fit a DIN plug if you wanted.

One look out though is how high the accessory socket is rated; my old 1200 was limited to 5a and the Canbus would shut it down if this was exceeded.

Andres

I may be wrong but i dont think the canbus will allow the amps draw needed for the jacket

The lead from the BAttery has an inline 10A fuse IIRC

There is a lead availabla that will allow the connection of the jacket and optimate

I just cant remember where or what its called

Back
Top Bottom