Heated clothing

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to get a heated jacket or vest recommendations please?

I've been happy with my Keiss vest.

I think if I were to buy again I may be persuaded to get the jacket for warm arms. I like the fact that it's modular, so you can add trousers or foot pads and gloves and connect them all up.

gerbing or warm and safe , i've got both w+s is thinner , easier to get on under stuff, gerbing you can walk around with it as a seperate jacket. same fittings for both. both are jackets.

Make sure that which manufacturer you decide to use, that it can daisy chain together. It's a pita trying to upgrade/add on later if it can't/doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Look at the warm + safe heated base layer. I have their jacket liner and it's excellent, but if I was buying again I would probably get the base layer....

Motolegends will be cheapest as they will do 10% price beat on the best price you can find on the web (which will probably be Riders).

Tip. Try and get one that also has a wireless temperature control that clips to the bars, it’s very very useful, no more looking down or fiddling around to check what heat setting you are on, as it’s all there at the touch of a button right in front of you.
My Keis has this optional add on device.

I use a blazeware jacket with remote control. Heats to 50c but only ever use low. Easy to use without the remote too after some practice and runs directly from 12v socket on canbus system means no permanent wires sticking out and I can use it on other bike. Ps sale end very shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tip. Try and get one that also has a wireless temperature control that clips to the bars, it’s very very useful, no more looking down or fiddling around to check what heat setting you are on, as it’s all there at the touch of a button right in front of you.
My Keis has this optional add on device.

Hope that the remote does not fail as you cannot buy them anymore

i have been happy with a Keis basic (x10 i think) vest - my only wish is that i had paid up for the "model up" which has a heated collar - i now know that that is worth paying for.

I think when you first look, you kind of think "oh i don't really need heated kit".....

..... and then you try it and wonder why you didn't buy it years ago - it is absolutely superb.

Most of my riding mates have Keis and a couple have gerbing. all speak highly of their kit.

Hello again, feel free to nip down to Sandwich again and see how I have a full setup on my GSA, put the bike connection on the small plastic infill panel on the left and a coiled lead to the clothing connection.

Wireless controller on the left mirror bolt, and Warm and safe jacket, and trousers with Gerbing socks. I use liners on the gloves when it’s really cold.

That is good news as i will be able to replace my Keis controller

You may of course need a receiver, too.

The Warm’n’Safe remote controller, came with its receiver.

Lots of places seem to sell Keis controllers / receivers???

You may of course need a receiver, too.

The Warm’n’Safe remote controller, came with its receiver.

Lots of places seem to sell Keis controllers / receivers???

Lots of places are showing them for sale but when you try to order they are out of stock and the keis remote is no longer listed on the keis site

As long as the connections are the same for the control to jacket interface then there is no issue i assume

Any way managed to fix mine with some electrical cleaner a new battery and taped up to the max to ensure water resistance

I have a heated jacket for sale (L) . was in for sale section mid Dec. Contact if you want details. Den

Back
Top Bottom