Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heated clothing

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Good news.

I sold a punter on here a Warm’n’Safe wireless controller, to regulate the temperature his Keis kit. It worked fine.
    That is good news as i will be able to replace my Keis controller
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by RedRick Esq. View Post
    That is good news as i will be able to replace my Keis controller
    You may of course need a receiver, too.

The Warm’n’Safe remote controller, came with its receiver.

Lots of places seem to sell Keis controllers / receivers???

You may of course need a receiver, too.

The Warm’n’Safe remote controller, came with its receiver.

Lots of places seem to sell Keis controllers / receivers???
    Lots of places are showing them for sale but when you try to order they are out of stock and the keis remote is no longer listed on the keis site

As long as the connections are the same for the control to jacket interface then there is no issue i assume

Any way managed to fix mine with some electrical cleaner a new battery and taped up to the max to ensure water resistance
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

I have a heated jacket for sale (L) . was in for sale section mid Dec. Contact if you want details. Den

Quote Originally Posted by g.s.john View Post
    Looking to get a heated jacket or vest recommendations please?
    If you are not bothered by your arms being warmed and / or don’t want to (easily) add gloves, buy a vest.

If you’d like the added comfort of having your arms warmed and maybe want to add gloves easily, buy a jacket.

I have done both over the years. Of the two, I much prefer the latter. That is all you need to know.

Too many assholes...........not enough missiles
    I’ll prob put a keis vest up for sale v soon

Pm me if you’re interested

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are not bothered by your arms being warmed and / or don’t want to (easily) add gloves, buy a vest.

If you’d like the added comfort of having your arms warmed and maybe want to add gloves easily, buy a jacket.

I have done both over the years. Of the two, I much prefer the latter. That is all you need to know.
    I would probably buy a thinner heated jacket liner over a jacket (may be splitting hairs here), and probably a heated base layer over a heated jacket liner. Warm 'n Safe have both options.

Having said that, very happy with my heated jacket liner.

I had assumed by ‘jacket’, the fellow meant a jacket liner, not a full on electrically heated jacket.

Was always very happy with my Keis. Now I just take the car if it’s that cold!

Getting old aint fer pussies Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thanks
    ride safe g.s.john
    Born to ride now retired
    Now mortgage free YEEHAAA
    Einstein said two things are infinate human stupidity and the universe but i am not too sure about the universe
    2007 R1200 G.S
    2000 Yamaha xt 600e

Quote Originally Posted by g.s.john View Post
    Thanks
    That’s OK.

The new electric thin jacket liners are very good. I haven’t tried the electric base layers, mentioned above.

I dump the original non-electric liners out of my jacket and trousers as soon as I buy a suit, just using the electric liners (or a couple of bog standard base layers) when the time comes.

My advice would be to visit somewhere like Infinity with your regular motorcycling kit (jacket and trousers) and see whether a vest or electric jacket suits you best by way of fit and how long / often you think you’ll wear either of them.

The remote controllers are definitely a nice luxury to have but not essential. Again, think how often you’ll use the heated kit. If you can justify a remote controller, great. If not, stick with the wired in controller.

Too many assholes...........not enough missiles
    What Wapping said 100 pc

I’ve replied to your pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The remote controllers are definitely a nice luxury to have but not essential. Again, think how often you’ll use the heated kit. If you can justify a remote controller, great. If not, stick with the wired in controller.
    I have a dual remote controller mounted on my bars (using QuadLock) and it's surprising how often I will adjust the heat setting for gloves or jacket during a ride.

Previously, with the wired controller in my jacket pocket, it was pretty much set it before you go and if you were too warm or too cold, you'd ned to stop to adjust.

As you say, not essential. But I would buy one again.

Quote Originally Posted by adm1 View Post
    I have a dual remote controller mounted on my bars (using QuadLock) and it's surprising how often I will adjust the heat setting for gloves or jacket during a ride.

Previously, with the wired controller in my jacket pocket, it was pretty much set it before you go and if you were too warm or too cold, you'd ned to stop to adjust.

As you say, not essential. But I would buy one again.
    Indeed so.

I have a two dual controllers, one dual for separate control of the jacket liner and gloves. The other dual for, trouser liner and socks. I Velcro them onto the clutch reservoir, remembering to loop the retaining lead around something, in case they fly off.

They do save trailing wires and are easy to adjust on the go, for sure. But hey, you pays yer money, you makes yer choice.

Just in passing. I ran my Powerlet ‘Rapid Fire’ electric liner without the wireless controller, just to see what happened...... it was bloody hot!

Indeed so.

I have a two dual controllers, one dual for separate control of the jacket liner and gloves. The other dual for, trouser liner and socks. I Velcro them onto the clutch reservoir, remembering to loop the retaining lead around something, in case they fly off.

They do save trailing wires and are easy to adjust on the go, for sure. But hey, you pays yer money, you makes yer choice.

Just in passing. I ran my Powerlet ‘Rapid Fire’ electric liner without the wireless controller, just to see what happened...... it was bloody hot!

You are Warlords older brother aren't you ......

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    You are Warlords older brother aren't you ......
    I don’t think he’d be brave enough to run his electric jacket unregulated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast