Heated clothing

The sockets on my RT will allow 10amp shared for both, so if only using one, then you can get away with gloves and a vest, it wouldn't support a jacket on high and gloves, just check the amps required. You can buy a din socket that allows heated gear to be used with the bike socket. If using gloves and jacket, you will ideally need a dual controller or both gloves and jacket will have to be on the same heat setting.

Mark, I have the Keis V501 vest and a 1200LC. This vest comes with a number of fuses, but the vest draws so little current that recommended fuse for the Keis heated vest alone is the grey 1.2 amp one. The lead that comes with the vest is the direct to battery option. The cigar lighter / hella plug lead (it adapts) is an optional extra and the Keis V501 vest has no problem using it in the 5 amp handlebar socket on a 1200LC, so it will be the same on the 1250.

Mark, I have the Keis V501 vest and a 1200LC. This vest comes with a number of fuses, but the vest draws so little current that recommended fuse for the Keis heated vest alone is the grey 1.2 amp one. The lead that comes with the vest is the direct to battery option. The cigar lighter / hella plug lead (it adapts) is an optional extra and the Keis V501 vest has no problem using it in the 5 amp handlebar socket on a 1200LC, so it will be the same on the 1250.

Like I said on an earlier post, not sure if you have one or two sockets, but on the RT you can have 5amps per socket or 10amps from a single socket. I run my Gerbing Gloves and a vest with no issues from the Din socket on my 1250. Jacket and gloves might be pushing it a bit

Back
Top Bottom