f800gsa Can Bus Connector

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Question does a 2017 F800GSA have a free can bus power supply take off similar to the one on the 1200 series under the beak that can be used as a switched power supply for a sat nav (using the appropriate fly lead connector from Nippy Normans ) ?

If so where is it ?

Yes,and it's in a similar place.
On the left hand side of headstock as you look at the bike.

Here it is on the Standard F series Rotax twins..
May well be the same on the GSA..

perhaps someone could answer ? ;)

:thumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-210432.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-210432.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 20200108_210810.jpg
    20200108_210810.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 230
Also the same position on the later F's and GSA.

Thought it might be. :thumb
But you never know with model life upgrades, although I have one of the last F700GS's (Low chassis).
So knew it was in the same place for all 650, 700 & 800GS variants.
But wasn't sure about the GSA..

Would love the tank range of the GSA, but toooooo tall for my busted body...:(

Thanks again for the info, picking my f800 gsa up a week on Saturday.
Worked out cheaper to buy a 2017 one as a second bike than part exchanging my 2018 model r1200gsa with 8500 miles on the clock for a similar spec new r1250gsa hp.
Will be selling ky Versys in the spring and using the 800 as an everyday bike and the 1200 will be kept for Continental trips

You'll enjoy it Neil cant get enough of mine I changed the front sprocket to a 17 and its loads better on the motorways

Would love the tank range of the GSA, but toooooo tall for my busted body...:(

Hey, Ash
I have the same issues with the seat height on the GSA so I got myself a thing called a Camel Tank for my 800GS. It’s an auxiliary fuel tank that fits to the right rear of the 800/700GS and gives you an extra 7 litres of fuel. I now have a fuel range of almost 300 miles. Got mine via the very nice people at the Adventure Bike Shop. Check it out, it doesn’t involve pumps or cutting into the wiring but is plumbed through the tank breather pipe.
SuperTed

Hey, Ash
I have the same issues with the seat height on the GSA so I got myself a thing called a Camel Tank for my 800GS. It’s an auxiliary fuel tank that fits to the right rear of the 800/700GS and gives you an extra 7 litres of fuel. I now have a fuel range of almost 300 miles. Got mine via the very nice people at the Adventure Bike Shop. Check it out, it doesn’t involve pumps or cutting into the wiring but is plumbed through the tank breather pipe.
SuperTed

Fanks Ted
Will have a gander..

Question does a 2017 F800GSA have a free can bus power supply take off similar to the one on the 1200 series under the beak that can be used as a switched power supply for a sat nav (using the appropriate fly lead connector from Nippy Normans ) ?

If so where is it ?
Neil I have one of those fly leads if you want it?

Back
Top Bottom