Booster plug

It turns out I have one that fits every 1200 ... I haven’t sold them because it doesn’t seem right.

May be a good idea to return them to booster plug with your findings , as this could lead to a good legal case for selling a product that does not work . Your research seems exhaustive so a sound and factual legal case would be the next logical step for someone who has purchased 3 . I would file a case against them as your findings seem to fill the questions and results all seem to look for in a trusted and working product . Booster plug seems to reply so it would be interesting to see the reply from someone with additional knowledge and information .Over to you .

May be a good idea to return them to booster plug with your findings , as this could lead to a good legal case for selling a product that does not work . Your research seems exhaustive so a sound and factual legal case would be the next logical step for someone who has purchased 3 . I would file a case against them as your findings seem to fill the questions and results all seem to look for in a trusted and working product . Booster plug seems to reply so it would be interesting to see the reply from someone with additional knowledge and information .Over to you .

Is it worth it for a few quid and to satisfy your curiosity?

Nah.

Is it worth it for a few quid and to satisfy your curiosity?

Nah.

I will buy one , try it . You never know that all the talk until proven are clouds in the sky , some experts say ....
Roger , you have 3 different version , can you dissect them as they have different part numbers as age / model related and see what the differences are , would make an interesting afternoon for you , and to see your findings would be good , again to show the actual insides of one of these so called placebo things and put a lid on it.

I will buy one , try it . You never know that all the talk until proven are clouds in the sky , some experts say ....
Roger , you have 3 different version , can you dissect them as they have different part numbers as age / model related and see what the differences are , would make an interesting afternoon for you , and to see your findings would be good , again to show the actual insides of one of these so called placebo things and put a lid on it.

I'm impressed :beerjug:

What's the point of an original air temp sensor if the ECU over rides it's information?

So, different take on this...
My GF is learning to ride a bike. She rides my cbf125, as well as her own Kawasaki z650 (parallel twin)

She found the walking-speed riding on the z650 quite snatchy... basically for doing her low speed maneuvers (prepping for her test) the z650 had a snatchy throttle.

She researched online, and bought the boosterplug. It was easy to fit (hard part was getting the tank off the z!).

Surely enough, placebo or not, it does seem nicer to ride at very low revs. She's less intimidated by the z now.

I can't see/detect any other gains/benefits when riding it myself.

My wife’s Triumph Street Scrambler (2019 model) has a full decat and straight through pipe... Throttle response could be described as snatchy around town.

The addition of the booster plug solved this issue but I don’t have “data” to back this up however it’s definitely noticeable.

Triumph/Keihin ECU’s also use adaption tables and long term trims. The booster plug was installed more than 1,000 miles ago and the bike still rides better than it did without it, therefore I don’t think the ECU has adjusted its long term trims to overcome the booster plug’s output.

I don’t know why or how the BMW (Bosch) ECU differs from everything else.

As you may have noticed, logic has very little to do with some tuning posts.

But at times so called logic can me misleading . Having knowledge can sometimes override the ability to be understanding and perhaps be pedantic in some replies to honest and unproven questions .
Take for example the different BP part numbers .
All different for the 1150 , 1200 , lc1200 and now the 1250 . There’s the question , they must have differences not the painted picture of instant failure noted by some . So it would be fair to say that the new one still works . I’m still trying one as it’s easy enough to switch around . Difficult to judge yet but let’s see . If I’m wrong I will hold my hands up and tip my cap to the informed logical posters .

But at times so called logic can me misleading . Having knowledge can sometimes override the ability to be understanding and perhaps be pedantic in some replies to honest and unproven questions .

May be so, but logic still trumps feelings most of the time

Take for example the different BP part numbers .
All different for the 1150 , 1200 , lc1200 and now the 1250 . There’s the question , they must have differences not the painted picture of instant failure noted by some . So it would be fair to say that the new one still works .

The above mentioned bikes have different airboxes, with different connectors.
Logic says that using different connector and possibly different cable length requires different part number.
But I guess we don't care about logic. :okay

I’m still trying one as it’s easy enough to switch around . Difficult to judge yet but let’s see . If I’m wrong I will hold my hands up and tip my cap to the informed logical posters .

Best of luck. I'm sure You will be happy :D

I have a Triumph Bobber with an Xpipe + Zard exhaust. The BP made a definite improvement to exhaust decel popping. It actually pretty much eliminated it.
There was a small improvement to the low speed throttle control, but like Stavros, I cannot quantify the improvement or back it up with hard proof.
For my GSA (followed by the Bobber shortly after) I went for a Hilltop and despite what many say - it made a huge improvement.
I have roughly 80,000km on my 2014 GSA LC and have had the Hilltop for about 10k+ km. I still think it is one of the best things I have done and the improvement over stock is night and day. Perhaps my early LC was so badly fueled from day 1 is the reason why it works so well after the Hilltop. Either way, I’m very happy with it.
Since the Hilltop on my Bbbber, i subsequently removed the BP and am enjoying a nice, non-snatchy throttle, a bit of decel popping and a very smooth power delivery.

I have a Triumph Bobber with an Xpipe + Zard exhaust. The BP made a definite improvement to exhaust decel popping. It actually pretty much eliminated it.
There was a small improvement to the low speed throttle control, but like Stavros, I cannot quantify the improvement or back it up with hard proof.
For my GSA (followed by the Bobber shortly after) I went for a Hilltop and despite what many say - it made a huge improvement.
I have roughly 80,000km on my 2014 GSA LC and have had the Hilltop for about 10k+ km. I still think it is one of the best things I have done and the improvement over stock is night and day. Perhaps my early LC was so badly fueled from day 1 is the reason why it works so well after the Hilltop. Either way, I’m very happy with it.
Since the Hilltop on my Bbbber, i subsequently removed the BP and am enjoying a nice, non-snatchy throttle, a bit of decel popping and a very smooth power delivery.

ZZZZZ, it’s like a dripping tap.

Honest feedback from someone isn’t always a bad thing.
Sorry if it bores you, but might interest someone else.

Honest feedback from someone isn’t always a bad thing.
Sorry if it bores you, but might interest someone else.

Where in the world is your “honest” feedback being posted from ? ( I already know, I’m just asking for the record )

like I say you cannot compare 2 cheese together, man is talking about 1250 Gs, can I ask why you wait 70,000 kms before see problem with bike.

I did not wait.
I had implemented other solutions - discussed here on the forum - and decided to try another one.

I did not wait.
I had implemented other solutions - discussed here on the forum - and decided to try another one.

You are patient man, if I do not get bike good in 15000 kms bike will go away

What's the point of an original air temp sensor if the ECU over rides it's information?

That’s a very easy question to answer. The IAT sensor is an important secondary sensor to the fuel calculation.

Before each time the BMW ECU calculates how long to pulse the fuel injector it reads the following:

1) engine rpm
2) throttle angle (there is no Mass airflow sensor)
3) engine oil temperature
4) intake air temperature
5) barometric pressure
6) fuel pressure (on some models)
7) the most recent long term trim

Using those readings the ECU calculates how long to squirt the injector.

Then after the injector is squirted, the ECU reads the O2 sensor and updates the SHORT TERM TRUMS and LONG TERM TRIMS, which are then instantly available to the next fueling calculation. It is these short and long term trims that fully negate the BP.

Back
Top Bottom