Manufacturing guns and motorbikes

Daewoo the car manufacturer also produced firearms... not sure if they ever made motorcycles tho.....so only slightly off topic

not really just goes to show anyone with a manufacturing line can pretty much make anything you (they) fancy... and if there's a market for it it's all gravy...!

Singer also made cars for a bit

Stens were designed specifically to be made by any engineering shop with a vice and a hammer

They're such a simple gun. I had a go of one at a shooting range near Las Vegas, when I mentioned to the chap that my Great Aunt used to test them at the ordnance factory in Fazackerly during the war, he gave two extra mags for free :)

not really just goes to show anyone with a manufacturing line can pretty much make anything you (they) fancy... and if there's a market for it it's all gravy...!

Singer also made cars for a bit

Part of the Roots Group, along with Humber. Dad had a Super Minx, about 1967? Later he had a Singer Vogue. I can't remember who made the Minx.

Part of the Roots Group, along with Humber. Dad had a Super Minx, about 1967? Later he had a Singer Vogue. I can't remember who made the Minx.

my uncle who was an engineer with a rather colourful past had a couple singer cars, one of which he drove to Flensburg none stop from Nottingham... back in the day to watch me compete in a shooting competition back in the day (1974 if I'm correct).... he use to develop stuff for rolls royce while building smart mines which where both magnetic and autominous and would drive towards the targets... all based on the sounds of an engine way before smart mines, wifi, RFID and shit like that...!

All bmw motorcycles were not made in Spandau as some gs 650s were made by Apirila in Italy alongside their pegaso JJH

G650 X bikes, not the GSs....

The 2007 black G650 Xcountry's were made thus, dunno about the Challenge and Moto models. 2008 on they were assembled in China, I am given to understand!

:beerjug:

All bmw motorcycles were not made in Spandau as some gs 650s were made by Apirila in Italy alongside their pegaso JJH

Correction: all BMW boxers! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. It actually started with the F650 Funduro which was BMWs version of the Aprillia Pegaso that Aprillia (in conjunction with Honda) were making at the time. The F650 funduro then of course morphed into the 650 GS etc

A lot of automotive manufacturers have

Either -or built or have links to the arms industry

Daewoo had and still has a small arms division that produce assault rifles

Subaru still produces miltary jet fighters

Benelli still produces shotguns ( now seperate company)

Saab started life from Saab Svenska Aeroplan AB

Zastava started as a military engineering works

Kawasaki heavy industries made warships, aircraft and guns for both
Husqvarna Vapenfabrik made a fine collection of firearms both military and civilian

Hi Leadfarmer is the M1 deactivated or is it 22lr? Looking for 22? 👍

Ford made war planes. I’d hazard a guess that any manufacturer who was around during ww1 or 2 would have turned their hand to some kind of military production. JJH

Back
Top Bottom