Lost key for 1984 K100

(RIP) spike418

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon folks.

I've lost the only key I had to my 1986 K100.

The solution imo seems to be get a new ignition lock set. Unfortunately Motorworks don't have any decent 2nd hand ones available and new ones aren't made anymore.

So any suggestions as regards sources (Ebay drew a blank as well) 2nd hand or new, or indeed alternative solutions.

Cheers

I think if yer take yer bike to a good locksmith they have a gadget that can measure what key is required.
Phone um first of course
HTHY

I think if yer take yer bike to a good locksmith they have a gadget that can measure what key is required.
Phone um first of course
HTHY

...........that's a bit Chicken and egg though isn't it :D

Andres

PS (Yes I know you meant take the ignition lock to the locksmith) ;)
PPS Nigel, you're a twat :D (But thanks for the reminder, I really must get a spare cut for the Guzzi!)

Yes ring a local locksmith and ask about getting it impressioned , he may need to visit you to do the job so there will be a call out fee on top.

If you want it starting without a key I know of a bloke in Liverpool.:D

Push the ignition unit out of the rubber pad- simply requires the small black plastic ignition lock surround taking off then with two (can be done with one) screwdrivers push them down the two slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to move th securing tabs out of the way and push the ignition down. the unit will come out of the back.
With small flat bladed screwdriver ping the white plastic apart from the black ignition unit.
Look inside the lock part and you'll see a tab, lever it back with small screwdriver and the ignition barrel can be pushed out.
You can still ride the bike to the locksmiths by turning the ignition on by using a screwdriver in the white plastic part to turn it on and off.
It's taken my twice as long to type this as it does to remove the ignition and start the bike :D

Just park it on the side of the road for that option :D

If you saw my insurance premiums you'd realise there's no danger of that here :aidan

If you want it starting without a key I know of a bloke in Liverpool.:D

I didn't think Al lived there? :green gri

PPS Nigel, you're a twat :D (But thanks for the reminder, I really must get a spare cut for the Guzzi!)

Yeah I know :blast

All keys are hung up in the kitchen, but over the past few days I've discovered several key sets in boxes that were under the hooks
and at least one box has been thrown out without checking inside........................

Definitely, it’s something a half competent locksmith can make for you. I would not suggest Timpson’s

Push the ignition unit out of the rubber pad- simply requires the small black plastic ignition lock surround taking off then with two (can be done with one) screwdrivers push them down the two slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to move th securing tabs out of the way and push the ignition down. the unit will come out of the back.
With small flat bladed screwdriver ping the white plastic apart from the black ignition unit.
Look inside the lock part and you'll see a tab, lever it back with small screwdriver and the ignition barrel can be pushed out.
You can still ride the bike to the locksmiths by turning the ignition on by using a screwdriver in the white plastic part to turn it on and off.
It's taken my twice as long to type this as it does to remove the ignition and start the bike :D

Cheers Steptoe, that's excellent :beerjug:

I'll have a go tomorrow. Am well versed in starting engines with screwdrivers, that was how my Vauxhall Viva was operated in 1985 :D

Definitely, it’s something a half competent locksmith can make for you. I would not suggest Timpson’s

And there is the problem, none of the local locksmiths (by local I mean within a 30 mile radius!) will do auto keys :(

I'll stick with Steptoes solution and a screwdriver ;)

Try a crash repair place. When I worked in a main dealership the bodyshop recoded any replaced locked so there was still 1 key. JJH

If you have a V5, in your name?? BMW will order you the key I believe if you present at a Dealer parts counter with ID and the V5

Just be glad its not a 1200GS or whatever that needs plugged in and coded KerrrrChinggggg!

Back
Top Bottom