Hi from Stockport

swaterston

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m new to the world of GS ownership and loving it so far (but my bank account isn’t!) I picked up an R1250GS Rallye TE in November having sold my S1000R over the summer and frankly I wish I had made the move way earlier as it just does everything so well. This is probably my first year of actually getting the bike out over the winter and it’s been brilliant so far! I’m currently in the process of figuring out luggage options as I am hoping to get a few decent trips in this year but I'm not terribly keen on the Varios. Any tips? I'm keen on going for the GSA aluminium top box, panniers and racks etc but I almost had a heart attack when I got a price of the racks new from BMW! I bet that’s a popular set in high demand, but I will be keeping an eye out on here for some second hand.

I'm looking forward to joining the community and hope to see many of you out and about in the North West.

Attachments

• IMG_7594.jpg
    IMG_7594.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 119
I liked the idea of the friction hinge lids on the Bummot panniers so plumped for them instead.
697a420f1ff5b5e4f737a8b84beb4f0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the forum, and I think we need a North West gathering as there's a nice number of us on here.

Re luggage, I've always used the vario kit, just cos its easy and no need for side racks. If I do a short trip then I just use the top box, surprising how much you can pack in. And even if its a longer trip I stick a roll bag on the passenger seat. They are pretty good kit and if you ask on here there may be some up for grabs.

Lovely looking bike BTW.

regards Alistair

Nice bike. It looks like we ride around the same area. Welcome.

Thanks for all the advice on luggage. I decided to go the route of GSA top box as I got a good deal on one and il just stay flexible for options later in the year if I decide I need side panniers. Last time I did a big tour trip to the alps I did it on a street triple with some kriega bags on the back plus a tent so I’m actually struggling to think what I would be filling the panniers with at this stage. Then again that trip was like living a Spartan existence!

When the weather gets a little warmer and the roads get a little nicer it would be good to get a meet up / ride with some of the local lot on here. I’m the black sheep of my friendship group and the only one that rides plus I’m pretty new to the area so always keen to meet a few like minded folk.

Get yourself on some of the Williams Motorrad rideouts, you will meet a lot of great peeps

Nice to hear yet another north west chap on here.
Welcome and what a lovely bike.
Look forward to joining on to a ride at some point.
Dan

Back
Top Bottom