We are based just 30 minutes from Malaga airport in the heart of one of the best adventure riding areas in the world. With Morocco and Portugal on our doorstep many forms of riding holiday can be arranged

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spain 2020

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Spain 2020

Myself and a couple of bikermates are booked onto the Pont aven arriving in Santander on June the 1st. Our plan is to spend a few days in the Picos and then head for Soria ( My two mates saw a program on the knights Templer's and apparently there's a castle they want to see).
    Afterwards head for the Pyrenees for a few days before riding back up to Le mans for the weekend 13/14 (24hr weekend) and a ferry home on Monday 15th.
    So can anyone recommend any favorite places to see, great roads to ride.
    We have done the N260, but more than happy to ride it again, and Canfranc station is on the to do list.
    Not asking for people to plan route, just looking for those hidden gems that we maybe able to plan into our route.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonbaker View Post
    Myself and a couple of bikermates are booked onto the Pont aven arriving in Santander on June the 1st. Our plan is to spend a few days in the Picos and then head for Soria ( My two mates saw a program on the knights Templer's and apparently there's a castle they want to see).
    Afterwards head for the Pyrenees for a few days before riding back up to Le mans for the weekend 13/14 (24hr weekend) and a ferry home on Monday 15th.
    So can anyone recommend any favorite places to see, great roads to ride.
    We have done the N260, but more than happy to ride it again, and Canfranc station is on the to do list.
    Not asking for people to plan route, just looking for those hidden gems that we maybe able to plan into our route.
    I'm going there in July and Canfranc is on my list too!
    Segovia is also on my list to visit.
    I've also done the N260 and some Spain / France passes but that's as much as I know.
    I'll just wing it (in places)and hope to find some great roads.
    It's an adventure!
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Too many assholes...........not enough missiles
    Good work Khulu

Like your style.

Canfranc is worth an hour or so.

Nice cafe opposite on road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    stopped in Soria a few years back. Quite late so didn't get to look around too much, The plaza is plenty busy with plenty of places to eat and drink.

If your near Sergovia then see if you can get a look at Avila, a walled city, excellent place.

There's a Knight Templars church at Segovia

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...48!4d-4.132306

Lovely city, with lots to do / see.

Segovia great place to visit with lots to see, Avila not so much so IMHO the walls are very impressive but thats about it, Cuenca a better place to visit, horses for courses i guess.

If you go to Cuenca book into the Parador, its was a Monastery before it became a Parador, the view from there looking towards the old town, and the famous hanging houses is spectacular. Cuenca is probably a little out of your way though, if you are going to the Picos and want to see a walled city, you could do worse than Lugo.

Gone Fishin' Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    When I was at Canfranc in 2018 it was being re-furbished and couldn't get near it for a nosy. Construction workers said it was due to re-open in 2019, anyone know if its up and running yet? going to be there in June this year

Depending what end of the N260 your about just north of Ripoll is the GI 401/402 which then leads to the BV 4031 then towards the 260. I did it a few years back and never seen another human for an hour riding, bizarrely I did see a dog running along the road for what seemed like forever, very strange.

Also, from Berga BV 4241 towards the C462, again, I thought there was a war on and everyone had been called up as I never seen another soul for what seemed like hours.

This was in September so may be busier in June and I suspect fecking roasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Depending what end of the N260 your about just north of Ripoll is the GI 401/402 which then leads to the BV 4031 then towards the 260. I did it a few years back and never seen another human for an hour riding, bizarrely I did see a dog running along the road for what seemed like forever, very strange.

Also, from Berga BV 4241 towards the C462, again, I thought there was a war on and everyone had been called up as I never seen another soul for what seemed like hours.

This was in September so may be busier in June and I suspect fecking roasting.
    Cancel all that, you're arriving in Santander

I stayed in Jaca for a few days - very pleasant place to use as a base. I went to Canfranc Station one day, then continued north and took the D294 over the Col de Marie Banque https://goo.gl/maps/PmmN7HfvVqhrWeJi8 - going east to the Col du Porteigt provided some of the nicest views of my trip. Keep going east and the passes get higher, such as Aubisque at 1700m and Tourmalet at 2115m. No idea what Tourmalet looks like as it was foggy at the top. A little puckering was involved.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Tourmalet is a big disappointment at the summit, one tiny little souvenir shop and that's it.

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Tourmalet is a big disappointment at the summit, one tiny little souvenir shop and that's it.
    What did you want a KFC and Multiplex cinema ?
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Quote Originally Posted by 2 wheel humvee View Post
    Our biggest challenges are won or lost in the soul

The roads to the South and East of Soria are long and straight and can be very hot in June! The road to the North towards Logrono is good one and goes over a nice pass - don't take the tunnel.

The Parador in Soria is the only one I've stayed in that I wouldn't particularly recommend.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by 2 wheel humvee View Post
    Speed bumps, no doubt.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast