Spain 2020

I rode down the CA-281 on the way to Potes from the Santander ferry. The climb up to the reservoir is spectacular

I arrive in Santander at 2.15pm and will probably head to the Parador at Cervera de Pisuerga for the first night. That looks like a rather splendid road to head down to get there. Starts nice and wide at the northern end then gets tight and narrow through that gorge.

Just a heads up. The main road from Cadiz to Seville the AP-4 in Andalusia and the AP-7 between Tarragona to Sagunto in Catalonia, that were previously toll roads have been changed, due to the franchise expiring, it is now FREE to all traffic as from the 31/12/19.

It appears that our stay coincides with the North of Spain rally in Cangas del Narcea, result.
Does anyone know if they produce there daily routes prior to the event and if so can they be obtained as it would be great to see them in action.

Attachments

• 8815313E-C37D-40F6-97BA-122CF6B83117.jpg
    8815313E-C37D-40F6-97BA-122CF6B83117.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 217
Just a heads up. The main road from Cadiz to Seville the AP-4 in Andalusia and the AP-7 between Tarragona to Sagunto in Catalonia, that were previously toll roads have been changed, due to the franchise expiring, it is now FREE to all traffic as from the 31/12/19.

Thanks for that heads up.

A few years ago, I found a website that had a map showing which motorways were tolled and which were free. Trouble is, I forgot to n=bookmark it!!!!

Thanks for that heads up.

A few years ago, I found a website that had a map showing which motorways were tolled and which were free. Trouble is, I forgot to n=bookmark it!!!!

In theory there's no need for website, pay roads, Autopistas', are 'AP' and 'Autovias' are just 'A', but I see on Google that the revised sections above are still labelled 'AP' as is the map on the franchise operator's page ...

I stayed in Jaca for a few days - very pleasant place to use as a base. I went to Canfranc Station one day, then continued north and took the D294 over the Col de Marie Banque https://goo.gl/maps/PmmN7HfvVqhrWeJi8 - going east to the Col du Porteigt provided some of the nicest views of my trip. Keep going east and the passes get higher, such as Aubisque at 1700m and Tourmalet at 2115m. No idea what Tourmalet looks like as it was foggy at the top. A little puckering was involved.

My mates 4 hour old go pro was nicked off his bike at the top of the Aubisque thieving feckin French cyclist probably.Magic place loved the high pyrenees:beerjug:

In 2016, my husband and I were in the Pyrenees, so what we liked there is the castle of Ferdinand Cheval. Very interesting building, not like the others.
They were still in the Temple complex of the city of Lourdes. Also just an incredible place, very interesting.
Were near Lake Jeanto, in the south of France. There is just crystal clear water and very picturesque landscapes.
There is a lot to see in the Pyrenees, but it all depends on the route.

Back
Top Bottom