Sat Nav earphone connection

Keith Edwards

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased an F750 GS and I have the sat nav VI system. I do not particularly wish to use Bluetooth sound so is there a socket to fit 3.5 jack type earphones?

Many thanks for your help.

Keith

No unfortunatly, its designed to be bluetooth and wire free

The only one i know had a headphone jack was the Zumo 550 if i recall

the idea is you blutooth to your comms unit and then it sends to your ear pieces either by the inbuilt headphones or 3.5 jacked units of your choice

btw you have the Nav Vi with you.... reading the handbook is a good help ;)

The only one i know had a headphone jack was the Zumo 550 if i recall

BMW Navigator IV and the similar Zumo 660 both have 3.5mm headphone jacks. However, if the Nav IV is in its 4 button mount, that renders the jack inaccessible.

Now i could be wrong here but i seem to think that there is actually a 3.5 mm jack socket on the Nav 5 and 6. As it is just a re badged Zummo unit in a different case the socket lays behind/under the new casing and i have seen somewhere a bloke dremelled a bit of the BMW casing away to reveal the socket and then use it with a jack plug

Maybe google and you tube could help on this although i am not certain i would risk it myself

Considering the amount of space to play around with for cabling, why not get a bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter hardwired in? I know it's not the ideal solution, but possibly a decent cheap workaround? That way the dash would see the earpiece like any other helmet comms and work as intended.

I suppose the obvious question is: why? Bluetooth works pretty well and you dont get garrotted by wires everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Considering the amount of space to play around with for cabling, why not get a bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter hardwired in? I know it's not the ideal solution, but possibly a decent cheap workaround? That way the dash would see the earpiece like any other helmet comms and work as intended.

Dont bother, i tried that, the power needed to run a set of buds far exceeds the power output of one of those things, so it runs out of steam an half volume ;)

Back
Top Bottom