Stolen Akrapovic exhaust

UPDATE:

After checking CCTV outside my kids nursery it actually does show someone stealing the exhaust. I was inside for about 20 mins and the dude didn't even need 50 seconds.

Wapping, to the London Akra phone

Now BillyYo, if you'd had a pound of butter in your fridge then you'd have been safe and your Akra protected

The 850GS is tolerable.It’s the 850GSA that looks like a bloated whale.

This remark sounds negative ;)

There is nothing wrong with whales, I love whales. :beerjug:

Just remember, when you frie them, you have to use lots of butter, as there is hardly any fat in the steaks. It's the most tender steak you can get. :D

but never have I heard anyone's Akra falling off mid ride

I would like to forthwith, withdraw the above statement, it seems in my haste to post it I have clearly forgotten that I have indeed known of an exhaust falling or should I say flying off. I was reminded of said incident just the other week when the aforesaid exhaust (missile) came flying off a KTM suparetard that was being ridden, as it happens, also by a retard, and flew directly over my right shoulder as I pursued said retard.

For the absence of doubt, it was said retard who was riding said suparetard that reminded me of said incident.

Case closed.

Although I don't want to admit it ;) I am that retard :jes

And if I knew how....... I would post a picture of the Missile Launcher that launched the silencer :rocketwho that nearly silenced "Cabby" forever :duck:

And you lot would have made a pedestal for me to stand on for the remainder of my life :steptoe

The worrying thing with high end exhausts like Akra are that it take two minutes to steal with right tool.

Easy £500 on Ebay or Gumtree. Not looked but it would be worth replacing the bolts with security versions?

Although I don't want to admit it ;) I am that retard :jes

And if I knew how....... I would post a picture of the Missile Launcher that launched the silencer :rocketwho that nearly silenced "Cabby" forever :duck:

And you lot would have made a pedestal for me to stand on for the remainder of my life :steptoe
Here you go sir retard...
7ed6a7733ba0b4698aedf68745bf1d5a.jpg

The worrying thing with high end exhausts like Akra are that it take two minutes to steal with right tool.

Easy £500 on Ebay or Gumtree. Not looked but it would be worth replacing the bolts with security versions?

It’s nothing new. Expensive / after market exhausts were nicked in the the sports bike craze days. Then you could buy security bolts / nuts to fit. It wouldn’t take much to fit one now. The thefts died down a bit when underseat exhausts became the norm.

Replace the bolt on the clamp with one of these , not infallible but will slow them down if they don't have the proper security allen key

Attachments

• anti tamper.jpg
    anti tamper.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 223

Back
Top Bottom