battery problem r1250gs

Ok, Thanks for all the advice.

Don't know what else to say except I need a reliable bike for my 8 country EU trip in May.

If you want reliability you need a Japanese bike. Yes people on here will say never had a problem but there are plenty that do. Yes other bikes dont ride/handle as well.
We know the facts/rumours and we make a choice. If a Chinese or 3rd world manufacturer had fork, brakes, spokes, and battery problems we would run to the hills. Strange world is it not.

Hope you have your problem it resolved.

Hi, My 480 mile r1250gs has a battery drain problem, when the engine is cold, the battery barely turns over the engine and stalls " bike take to a dealer "
splashes over the TFT. Went over testing/ charging and all seems good except the battery voltage falls below the 10v when hitting the starter button. Before starting it was 12.5V. When hot no problems - as yet.
BMW says the battery is not under warranty - However this is a different subject.! will have a few words when she goes in for her first service.

However
I'm looking for a more robust battery (and 10 pin code reader) thinking about a Yuasa gel battery but cannot find a part number for it ? guess the bike model is just to new.

Any assistance on a replacement would be very helpful.
Thank you

OK.

BMW did not fail. They fitted a higher CCA rated battery, new starter and re shimmed the valve clearances on the left cylinder.
The engine just about jumps out of the frame when starting.

ALL GOOD

1250 GS check your battery

Many will be wise to look at 1250 battery, some bikes and others have come with LITHIUM battery so not good on a normal charger, see page 22 of manual below, and see picture of battery.

https://manuals.bmw-motorrad.com/manuals/BA-Extern/IN/BA-INTERNET-COM/PDF/R_0J51_ARM-HP_0618_01.pdf

bat1.png
[/url] [/IMG]

Battery Drain

Hi, My 480 mile r1250gs has a battery drain problem, when the engine is cold, the battery barely turns over the engine and stalls " bike take to a dealer "
splashes over the TFT. Went over testing/ charging and all seems good except the battery voltage falls below the 10v when hitting the starter button. Before starting it was 12.5V. When hot no problems - as yet.
BMW says the battery is not under warranty - However this is a different subject.! will have a few words when she goes in for her first service.

However
I'm looking for a more robust battery (and 10 pin code reader) thinking about a Yuasa gel battery but cannot find a part number for it ? guess the bike model is just to new.

Any assistance on a replacement would be very helpful.
Thank you

Motorrad are aware of an issue with the Datatool tracker draining the battery if your bike is left standing for a period of days..

Battery Drain

Motorrad are aware of an issue with the Datatool tracker draining the battery if your bike is left standing for a period of days..
I reckon that’s utter bolleaux, and they’re trying it on as a get out.

Back
Top Bottom