Project XCountry

Hi John, I assume the white mudguard/beak in the photos is off an Xch, may I ask how does this fit onto the Xco?

Hi John, I assume the white mudguard/beak in the photos is off an Xch, may I ask how does this fit onto the Xco?

Exactly the same way it fits onto an XChallenge using 4 bolts passing through rubber bushes on the mudguard and into four mounting holes in the lower fork bridge which are identical on both bikes . I am also changing the headlight and headlight cowl as the mudguard also has two locating "pins" moulded into it which locate in two rubber bushes on the underside of the headlight cowl

Watching in awe.

Me too, I'd just end up with boxes of bit if I did that to mine.

Lets hope my memory stays in tact as I have two piles of new and used parts to remember where they all go.....

]

I'd never remember where it all went, would need to video the dismantling, engine was in a far worse state than mine, too much sea air perhaps?

What is the plan for the seat, they're barely comfortable enough for the tank range?

Something looking a bit like this with gel inserts....

fb07311bd1a2026b3665565f41fe2748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work will re-commence on the build from the weekend . Bettablast who are doing all of the powder coating have said I can collect all of the parts on Thursday and my seat is ready for collection from Saddlecraft . I'm dropping the panels off for painting tomorrow so fingers crossed I may get them back a little earlier than originally anticipated

I've now got most of the remaining parts I needed for the build thanks to the usual excellent service from Jim at Williams BMW in Manchester

New tyres delivered today - MEFO Explorers MFE99's

Use these on both of my XChallenges - really good tyres both off and on road , highly recommend them

New tyres delivered today - MEFO Explorers MFE99's

Use these on both of my XChallenges - really good tyres both off and on road , highly recommend them

They do look useful. I have been wondering what next for the Long Ranger, she is on Mitas at the moment, which aren't as chunky as those. I doubt my riding skills will challenge the tyres whoever makes them!

Great

Great thread, great detail and great pictures.

Top work that man.

P

Where did you get the tyres from, John?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, wondering if I should change from TCK 80 which I like. Tried Meffo on my every day KTM and the lasted well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That Leo Vince looks well with the Acra stickers................:)

Decided on an upgrade LOL so sold the Leo Vince and went for the full Akrapovic including header , I now have four G650X bikes all with full Akrapovic systems fitted ;-)

Where do you keep finding these Akra systems?......I searched for ages before admitting defeat and ordering an LV :nenau

AF-XIED unit arrived today . Modified the wiring harness to supply a positive ignition feed to it as the G650X Lambda sensor does not supply a permanent ignition switched signal unlike the Boxer Twin engined bikes

Thanks to Steve Mullen at Nightrider Performance for all his help in originally helping me sort this issue out , as when I bought my first unit for one of these bikes back in 2016 it took some diagnostics to work out what was going on . To his knowledge I was the first person to use the AF-XIED on a G650X bike

Enriches the fuel air mixture so you get smoother running and better performance. Out of the factory the bikes are optimised for emissions controls , this optimises for improved performance - Simples !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom