Project XCountry

So good news and not so good news from the Powder Coaters . It's all done apart from three parts which he had issues with :

The OEM BMW RH crash bar had a small hole in it's outside edge which would be visible so needs filling , dressing and re-doing
The rear wheel rim once baked in the oven at 300C showed some very minor blemishes - at testament to BettaBlast's high quality standards he is going to re-blast and powder coat it
The RH lower frame piece with the three threaded holes for retaining the pivot pin , weeped a tiny amount of what was probably Copperslip in the threaded holes and this caused the immediate area to orange peel thus needing it to be re done

I'll therefore get these three parts plus the frame on Wednesday of next week

I should have enough parts to keep me busy most of the weekend with the cleaning /prepping/fitting bearings & seals etc to engine casings , swinging arm , sprocket carrier , front wheel and then I've got the likes of the foot pegs and side stand I can pre-assemble

So yesterday was a full day of tapping out threads , removing masking tape and generally finishing off all of the powder coated parts that I have so far

Clutch cover bearings , seals and shaft fitted , water pump shaft and new seals fitted to LH engine case along with a new gear shift shaft seal and then LH case fitted to engine

Front wheel bearings , spacer and seals fitted along with new brake disc

Sprocket carrier bearings and seals fitted and new sprocket bolted on

This afternoons job will be re-fitting the generator stator and crankshaft sensor back into the RH engine casing then get ting the casing fitted back to the engine

Great thread, did you get the 6 anti squeal / stop disks disks cheap? not the 33€ per set?
Cheers Josey

Great thread, did you get the 6 anti squeal / stop disks disks cheap? not the 33€ per set?
Cheers Josey

The brake disc anti squeal / stop disks are nothing more than standard M6 fibre washers which you can get for penny’s ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the engine finished

Started assembling some other bits but really on hold now until I get the rest of the parts from powder coating

They really are fabulous great likkle engines :D

Now carry on regardless :thumby:

:beerjug:

Hey John ... you gonna fit the sexy front disc that Mike (Schtum) and myself have fitted :D

i-s8v56sW-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Any difference to a standard one like John’s though ?

What’s the benefit, when the calliper is on sliders anyway?

Hardly a race bike like Rick rides, it’s only a 650 single

Don't want to hijack Johns thread, but much smoother braking, and actually better braking.
And actually, yes it is a race bike :green gri

.... and less of the "It's only a 650 single" :D

Don't want to hijack Johns thread, but much smoother braking, and actually better braking.
And actually, yes it is a race bike :green gri

.... and less of the "It's only a 650 single" :D

I have the floating disk on my XMoto and have to say even with the fact that the XMoto has a four pot caliper compared to the two pot caliper on the XCountry I can't honestly say the braking feels that much different , but I guess it depends on how you ride (and therefore brake)

Back
Top Bottom