Project XCountry

Now if that was entirely true you would still be on your original OEM front disc lol :)

I was ... I only put the floating disc on for appearances sake :D

The front discs on the 800, at 142,000+ miles were still original, and only two sets of pads (including the original) used :thumb

:beerjug:

Engine all prepared ready to start having the frame sections mounted to it

Note the essential "BMW Approved" duvet cover - not listed in the BMW manual but key to a successful outcome ;-)

Off to the powder coaters this afternoon so hopefully coming home with the frame and the rest of the powder coating and then we can start getting this bike back together....

I was ... I only put the floating disc on for appearances sake :D

The front discs on the 800, at 142,000+ miles were still original, and only two sets of pads (including the original) used :thumb

Perhaps you should just take them off. I must be shite on a dirt bike getting through a set of rear pads after several days riding ...... but we do get your message ;)

A great job on the frame sections from Bill at Bettablast as usual . Also got the rear wheel back so can get the bearings and seals fitted and the new tyres and tubes mounted

Hey John ... you gonna fit the sexy front disc that Mike (Schtum) and myself have fitted :D

i-s8v56sW-L.jpg

Micky - is that on the standard caliper mount? I need a new disc on the black one.

Micky - is that on the standard caliper mount? I need a new disc on the black one.

Standard calliper Simon :thumb

Available on eBay, genuine Brembo. The standard discs can warp under continuous heavy breaking, but then .... :D

Getting tyres fitted tomorrow so hopefully have a rolling chassis soon

You don't mess about now d'ya John :thumb

Standard calliper Simon :thumb

Available on eBay, genuine Brembo. The standard discs can warp under continuous heavy breaking, but then .... :D

With a big single? You can almost lock the back wheel just dropping a couple of cogs! :aidan

Wiring harness attached to frame and engine connections all made . Side stand , foot pegs , gear lever and crash bars fitted . Front Forks and Front Wheel on . Akrapovic header fitted along and front engine support frame

Do you still have the first two bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom