Project XCountry

Ah, but the VALUE of the bike far exceeds the £s attributed to it. In a pecuniary sense, I paid way too much for the Long Ranger, but the value to me is double that price. :beerjug:

Better change the gear lever then Simon ... or your pride and joy could be reduced to proper scrap :D

:beerjug:

Better change the gear lever then Simon ... or your pride and joy could be reduced to proper scrap :D

The pride and joy is still pristine! And your tyres are doing me proud. It is the winter hack that isn't so pretty, but that is soon to be changed with a plastic wrap.

Attachments

• DSC_2179.web.jpg
    DSC_2179.web.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 359
Sorry a little thread hijack, John do you have the inside dimensions for the Xchallenge front axle. Rocky Burns is making axle pullers, but I don't have my bike at hand as you know. Personally I think they would look cool on one or all of you XC's

Sorry a little thread hijack, John do you have the inside dimensions for the Xchallenge front axle. Rocky Burns is making axle pullers, but I don't have my bike at hand as you know. Personally I think they would look cool on one or all of you XC's

25mm OD and 20.7mm ID

25mm OD and 20.7mm ID

I'll have one :thumb

Not good news from my painter , as a consequence of the current COVI-19 situation deliveries from MIPA Paints in Germany are severely reduced and the paint and primer needed for my panels is currently not available :-(

The UK distributor is expecting a delivery this week but cannot guarantee it will contain whats needed for my job

Might be an even longer wait to get this bike finished :-(

A bit of a bugger, but in the great scheme of things.....

(Hope it's on the shipment).

That's frustrating, but as Dean0 says, the larger scheme of things ...

Keep em coming tgho'

Regs

Simon

PS my X-Co is now wallowing in a closed mechanic's shop down in Tarragona so I can't even go visit :(

Very good and inspiring thread. Makes me feel not so anxious about having an 07 plate xcountry.

How did you get the wheel hubs so clean.

Very good and inspiring thread. Makes me feel not so anxious about having an 07 plate xcountry.

How did you get the wheel hubs so clean.

Hubs were powder coated

Also on a plus note my painter has said she is back at work and able to get the paint she needs next week so an update may be coming soon with pictures of the finished project........watch this space

Oh dear, my dribbling and drooling had abated with the delay between updates. Now you have me slavering all over everything again. :D

Oh dear, my dribbling and drooling had abated with the delay between updates. Now you have me slavering all over everything again. :D

To get that dribbling and drooling going a bit here are a few taster shots of the newly painted tail fairing .......

Looking good there John, by any chance you going to nickname her corona

So after a long wait for the paintwork was it all worth it I hear you ask . I'll let you decide.......

You can click on the pictures to go to full size images ;-)

Congratulation, beautiful job mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow that's amazing, real credit to you John, superb job.

Back
Top Bottom