Project XCountry

So glad I found this thread; superb work!

Just about to start mini refurb on my Xcountry and have a quick question; I’ve never had items powder coated before and I would be looking to get the right hand side engine cover done (brake fluid has tarnished it) - which RAL code is closest to the matt black? I’ve also got dark “blotches”/salt corrosion on the swing arm and would be looking to get that done in the original colour?

cheers

I took the original parts along to Bettablast and they used the RAL colour swatch cards so we coudl match the paint

A good friend has just bought his second bike off John - a much modified Husky 701.

Just a wonderful looking bike. :thumb2

That will be this one then that Sean is riding round on now with a big grin on his face LOL

I've still got this one for sale if anyone is looking for a one off XCountry based special.....

That will be this one then that Sean is riding round on now with a big grin on his face LOL

I've still got this one for sale if anyone is looking for a one off XCountry based special.....

That's the one John.

Your HP2 approach to the 650 was equally stunning - he still has it.

He brought the 701 straight around to my place and I couldn't stop grinning. :thumb2

That's the one John.

Your HP2 approach to the 650 was equally stunning - he still has it.

He brought the 701 straight around to my place and I couldn't stop grinning. :thumb2

Yes - I just removed the cable clutch and fitted a Magura Hydraulic Clutch to his "HPX" XChallenge

Is the Magura hydraulic clutch conversion an easy one? And roughly how much are all the parts.
:blast

Is the Magura hydraulic clutch conversion an easy one? And roughly how much are all the parts.
:blast

Very easy install but not cheap at around £450

You have to buy a F800 kit then purchase a slave for a Bombadier Quad bike to get thee right stroke length for the Rotax 650 clutch , plus a cable barrel nipple to connect it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have a magura hymac to a good home, which I used in a Tenere 700, however might not be of interest due to UK VAT and duty costs.

Back
Top Bottom