Extra can bus din socket

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly I'm sure I read somewhere there is an unused power take off take off somewhere around the dash tank area. Ive converted my front one to the twin USB one and want another din socket to plug my BM battery charger in, can easily fab a mount out at work but can't find the power take off?
Ideas chaps?

If you don’t have the sat Nav fitted its there on the Rh side.
Otherwise you need the kit for fitting the one under seat and just coil up the excess.

Mods, can you move this to the lc section please, the Malbec has cut in already

If you don’t have the sat Nav fitted its there on the Rh side.
Otherwise you need the kit for fitting the one under seat and just coil up the excess.
Where is the take off under the seat? I am only looking to fit a charge point so that would ideal

Isn’t one under the seat.
The kit from BMW plugs into the one under the dash and runs down under the seat where you drill a hole to fit it.

I'm presuming you break into the existing lead with the double end much like my hexane does.

I only need the cable then as I have a genuine BMW din

Can you not run a fused lead directly to the battery and put an outlet somewhere handy thus you would also have a way of powering an airpump which canbus wont allow?

Can you not run a fused lead directly to the battery and put an outlet somewhere handy thus you would also have a way of powering an airpump which canbus wont allow?

I already have that, I want one that will except my charger

Bohling are usually pretty good at showing the breakdown of parts in any kit but none are shown.
Ask your dealer to have a drill down as they can see different screens and maybe find just the cable but doubtful on this one.
I’ll be using mine on the 1250 to form an extra on on the left to mirror the OE although with having the Quadlock bike charger it might not get used.
Depends on how much of a ballache the bracket is to sort

Bohling are usually pretty good at showing the breakdown of parts in any kit but none are shown.
Ask your dealer to have a drill down as they can see different screens and maybe find just the cable but doubtful on this one.
I’ll be using mine on the 1250 to form an extra on on the left to mirror the OE although with having the Quadlock bike charger it might not get used.
Depends on how much of a ballache the bracket is to sort

Now doing that, yes I have mates who work at the dealers :thumb

Now I thought I was still drunk as I couldn't find this in the LC section, somehow its ended up in the nice people section.

Back
Top Bottom