ATAS DCT doesn’t SLAYYYYY ATAS DCT !!

I went with a manual, didn't get along with the DCT. Maybe I was hasty and should have given it more of a chance though. I'd happily go with DCT next time round though now it's had some time to be refined.

And apparently the 2020 models DCT is better still......progress, eh ?!!!!!

Not according to the report above !!

a72160af68f97be7e6db4e9c2581718c.plist

Except that the DCT fitted to 2018 and beyond is much better than the first bikes.

Quite possibly, but the 2017 DCT doesn't cause me too much problems.

In the 2.5 years I've owned it there have been only three issues

- 1) It can downshift into a lower gear mid tight turn on a roundabout, just when you really don't need a downshift. Destabilises the bike.
- 2) If you downshift at higher revs, it actually locked up the rear tyre once on a wet road as I was going down a steep hill. With no way to quickly release it from the offending gear.
- 3) There really needs to be a manual 'Neutral' override for off-road use. Where you can hold a button in for immediate Neutral.

What I absolutely love about the DCT 2017 version is....

a) It's so frickin fast off the line from a standstill. Really fun to twist and GO.
b) Really easy to use for Off-Road long distance touring.
c) Easy to use on-road touring when your tired. No chance of stalling or messing up. Just ride.

I really wish DCT was available for the BMW R1200 (R1250) GSA versions, it would make it a brilliant touring bike.

What I absolutely love about the DCT 2017 version is....

a) It's so frickin fast off the line from a standstill. Really fun to twist and GO.
b) Really easy to use for Off-Road long distance touring.
c) Easy to use on-road touring when your tired. No chance of stalling or messing up. Just ride.

I really wish DCT was available for the BMW R1200 (R1250) GSA versions, it would make it a brilliant touring bike.

And the very best feature of the 2018 version is the autoblipping on down shifts.Its good in Sport mode but even better in Manual.

And the very best feature of the 2018 version is the autoblipping on down shifts.Its good in Sport mode but even better in Manual.

Nice :D

It's a magic bike .... Nigel Wrigley, in the article is, aged 45 and has been riding 50 years!

I'm looking at getting a DCT and just weighing up whether I should go for the 2019 DCT on a 0% deal (whilst they remain) or see if Honda come up with a 0% deal on the 2020 1100.

As much as the 1100 has lots more bells & whistles.....I actually prefer the 1000 AS model. Maybe I’m becoming a technophobe ?!!!!! :eek:

Can anyone tell me what were the main differences between the 2019 AT and the earlier version. I can see that the instrument panel changed. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom