£18,354 - Honda Africa Twin DCT Rally

yes long gone mate the enfield Himalayan has taken its place:green gri

Was looking forward to you comparing the DCT to the manual bike.. What made you decide to keep the DCT? I'm thinking it's time for me to return to a manual bike.

Was looking forward to you comparing the DCT to the manual bike.. What made you decide to keep the DCT? I'm thinking it's time for me to return to a manual bike.

I think ive just become lazy :Dwell even though the dct isn't perfect I basically just love that its so easy to ride. you just poodle around apply the brakes when you want to stop, then simply twist and off you go ! at a fairly decent rate too. plus if you want to ride differently I love flicking up and down though the gears with your finger and thumb !
also the dct is on a pcp finishing in September so while not the first consideration it was something I had to consider.
for what I mainly use the bike for the odd time id prefer the manual (nearly everything at walking pace ie filtering , u turns , some off road situations) it was far out weighed by ease of riding the auto .
id go for a test ride on something first if your thinking of swapping. you may find you miss it too if you've been riding it along time.
ive seriously considered the 790 ktm and v85tt Guzzi as they're so much smaller and I found good deals on both but I ride the Africa twin and love that dct gearbox. its unique no one else can give you that.

were you thinking of a manual africa twin or something else

Well I'm on the same pcp as you are, so was considering waiting until September and handing it back and maybe buying a used manual for a good price and swapping over my farkles.. We'll see.. Was also considering buying a 'cheaper' ktm 990 ADV as a replacement but they seem to be holding their value well so probably not worth it. Also have alway liked to 1190R for the extra power.

Well I'm on the same pcp as you are, so was considering waiting until September and handing it back and maybe buying a used manual for a good price and swapping over my farkles.. We'll see.. Was also considering buying a 'cheaper' ktm 990 ADV as a replacement but they seem to be holding their value well so probably not worth it. Also have alway liked to 1190R for the extra power.

yeah well best do some test rides I guess . there's plenty of choice out there :thumb the 990 is a great bike for sure, possibly the best looking of all bike trail bikes. id like to ride one back to back with a 790r

New Africa twin discount already!!
cb56043c479616cbcc034d67137c5be4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

This morning I added the total price of all the things (that I can remember) that I've purchased and added to my CHEAP PCP Africa Twin bike, over the past 2.5 years.

Total = £ 18,354

Foooooookin Heeeeeeeeeeell :D
Exactly how many miles on the clock now????

But, that's a lot of hours as most of those miles have been on its side.... :D

About 6,600 miles....
Average of 51 miles per week less than, less than 3000 per year.
I suppose the cost is ok if your clicking up poseur points as it's not like you're a serious user of the bike
But do enjoy, each to their own!
I'd never realised that Honda built bikes so poorly that they need 2.5k suspension upgrades and a shed load of other shit for mere annual shopping run mileage
I guess the Virb and SD cards clock the loose runaway Tesco trolleys in the car park and granny driver's dodging the super market speed bumps and scaring the shite out of you on your magnificent steed

Average of 51 miles per week less than, less than 3000 per year.
I suppose the cost is ok if your clicking up poseur points as it's not like you're a serious user of the bike
But do enjoy, each to their own!
I'd never realised that Honda built bikes so poorly that they need 2.5k suspension upgrades and a shed load of other shit for mere annual shopping run mileage
I guess the Virb and SD cards clock the loose runaway Tesco trolleys in the car park and granny driver's dodging the super market speed bumps and scaring the shite out of you on your magnificent steed

Well......

Silly me :D

Anyways, it's pretty much at £20,000 now the RallyRaid wheels are coming, with Camel Adv sidestand....

So it'll need to be used more this year :D

£20k!!! You could've bought several proper bikes for that much :D

Anyways, it's pretty much at £20,000 now the RallyRaid wheels are coming, with Camel Adv sidestand....

So it'll need to be used more this year :D

"Silly me :D"
More like 'Fucking CRAZY you' :jes

WTF were you thinking? On the other hand judging by the list, thinking isn't your thing:p

"Silly me :D"
More like 'Fucking CRAZY you' :jes

WTF were you thinking? On the other hand judging by the list, thinking isn't your thing:p

Ummm..... I'm really sorry if I've somehow triggered your mental breakdown. It wasn't intentional. I just lose track sometimes of how much fun I have with my bikes.

But please don't be sad or worried, I've been doing this for 25 years and honestly I am having a lot of fun messing about with my bikes, especially during winter.

Chin up fella :thumb2

But please, don't go searching for me in the BMW Section, or other forums such as Kawasaki, or Triumph, or Suzuki, or Yamaha, or Honda, or Ducati....

Because my current history with those bikes could tip you right over the edge :D

Ummm..... I'm really sorry if I've somehow triggered your mental breakdown. It wasn't intentional. I just lose track sometimes of how much fun I have with my bikes.

But please don't be sad or worried, I've been doing this for 25 years and honestly I am having a lot of fun messing about with my bikes, especially during winter.

Chin up fella :thumb2

Don't get sucked in by the shite on this site, 99% of the time I'm just on here for the craic :p

Seriously, I've had more fun than most could imagine on bikes! Nearly 59 years of biking fun coming up:D

Riding bikes and riding lots of bikes is far more fun than throwing shed loads of cash at after market bling. Gel pad seat rebuild, high screen and a ram mounts just about top my additions list. £600 + for a BMW/Garmin Mk X satnav:blast You can get around the world fine without that expense.
I've ridden 1400 plus miles on a standard GSA on one trip and pretty much the same journey on a Wilbers equipped GSA. The blinged bike was OK, was it worth the extra cost. Not really.

Don't get sucked in by the shite on this site, 99% of the time I'm just on here for the craic :p

Seriously, I've had more fun than most could imagine on bikes! Nearly 59 years of biking fun coming up:D

Riding bikes and riding lots of bikes is far more fun than throwing shed loads of cash at after market bling. Gel pad seat rebuild, high screen and a ram mounts just about top my additions list. £600 + for a BMW/Garmin Mk X satnav:blast You can get around the world fine without that expense.
I've ridden 1400 plus miles on a standard GSA on one trip and pretty much the same journey on a Wilbers equipped GSA. The blinged bike was OK, was it worth the extra cost. Not really.

Ahh, well ok, you don't know me at all then :thumb2

I agree with you that so long as your bike is well maintained and has decent tyres, it doesn't matter how old it is, or how much it cost, just get out and ride it. :thumb2

What you see in this thread, is my hobby within a hobby. Messing about with my bikes keeps me busy, when I'm not out riding them, which I do a lot. Don't judge me by my mileage on this machine as I have a few of them which all get used for different things.

I spread my mileage about between my cars, my bikes and my holidays. Can't be everywhere all at once can I.... but I do my best :D

I could've just blown it all on a £100k 4x4 pimp wagon, but I chose to split it up between some cheap motorcycles in comparison :D

Carry on :thumb2

You've started 41 threads in the Africa Twin section one of them is about 'My Africa Twin' it would have been a good record for your hobby to keep it in one thread surely :D

You've started 41 threads in the Africa Twin section one of them is about 'My Africa Twin' it would have been a good record for your hobby to keep it in one thread surely :D

I disagree :D

If I'd started one thread, and kept adding to it over the 2.5 years I've owned this bike, all the content would be mixed in with trolls, piss-takers, genuine comments, bollocks and shite, thread hijacks and such like....

What that result gives is a Search Engine nightmare on one thread with 3000 pages to trawl through (if the original thread actually lasted that long before being deleted).

Setting up individual threads gives each topic a chance to be searched on, content specific and suitable for people wanting to read about that one thing or subject.

My bolt on farkles are obviously not of interest to most people on here, but there will always be those that are actually interested or get introduced to this site through Google searches when seeking information, that's how I find out about stuff..

Bombing it all into one thread would be a mess.

I've never understood why people moan about talking about motorcycles on a motorcycle forum? I just don't get it..... :blast

Back
Top Bottom