Tank grips for GSA Rallye

Yankee Lima

Reaction score
I would like to fit tank grips to my Rallye. Wunderlich do a set that look well designed but I would rather not completely cover the graphics with black ‘rubber’. Maybe I’m being over cautious and sensitive over my new addition, pretty as it is 😂. Any pics?

Also,anyone have suggestions or experience with alternative brands? Clear or black.
TIA
YL

I bought transparent protection film for my 1250 GSA Exclusive that completely covers the graphics etc but cannot be seen. The set of pre-cut sections came from Signature in Cyprus. This is their web site https://www.signaturecd.com/

Depending on your choice the film can be matt or gloss.

I’ve got a set of theirs on my GSA Rallye thing with a blue and white tank (or is it white and blue)
Really pleased with them and the graphics match up with the tank.

Likewise I have a set.
They need some care to fit them as they sit exactly over the original markings and have to be fitted as such as there is no overlap.

I’ve fitted tank protection film on mine.

4722f7b2e95c455afb3e0dd452cfa2ad.jpg
c55ee03e6cc2eb8b039da050173d2930.jpg

Looking for grip in first instance, I’ve had tank grips on the last couple of bikes and find them useful. As you know gsa tank is narrow at the seat and widens which offers good weather protection but is harde to grip. I don’t do off road stuff so grip is only needed in seated position.

+1 for motografix. I’ve used them on several bikes and never had a problem. They don’t come off when washing, colours are an exact match and they are a perfect fit. Just follow the fitting instructions to the letter or if you are near enough they’ll fit them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for grip in first instance, I’ve had tank grips on the last couple of bikes and find them useful. As you know gsa tank is narrow at the seat and widens which offers good weather protection but is harde to grip. I don’t do off road stuff so grip is only needed in seated position.

Were your previous bikes GSs/GSAs? I find with the GSs that I've owned and the GSA that i now own that my knees sit below the tank and therefore the Wunderlich tank pads didn't give me any useful grip in the seated position. I wondered whether they were made for grip in the standing postion as my knees are snuck in the tank when standing. However I am a short arse - 5ft 8 (with very short legs - 29 inch) so it might just be my dimensions.

+1 for motografix. I’ve used them on several bikes and never had a problem. They don’t come off when washing, colours are an exact match and they are a perfect fit. Just follow the fitting instructions to the letter or if you are near enough they’ll fit them for you.

Does the motografix give you extra tank grip for your legs or is it purely for protection?

I would say mainly protection with some extra grip. Previous bikes - multistrada 1200 and tiger 800.

I had a niece 3 piece kit from spec-tec on my GSA and have the 2 piece kit on my GS now...wonder why the factory does not offer a kit that is made from the same material as on the GS center piece ?

I’ve googled spec-tec & spec tech and got opticians. Do you have a link ? Sounds interesting

Just be aware, some Techspec pads can be quite abrasive on the top surface. I had one of their tanks pads on my Speed Triple and it wore through the top layer of my leather jacket in about 3 months.

Were your previous bikes GSs/GSAs? I find with the GSs that I've owned and the GSA that i now own that my knees sit below the tank and therefore the Wunderlich tank pads didn't give me any useful grip in the seated position. I wondered whether they were made for grip in the standing postion as my knees are snuck in the tank when standing. However I am a short arse - 5ft 8 (with very short legs - 29 inch) so it might just be my dimensions.

Previous bikes were RTs and an S1kXR. I too am similarly statured and so knees grip lower part of tank. In fact on previous bikes the kits had 2 pieces either side and I only used the lower pieces.

I might end up just getting a universal or a sheet and cut my own.

Just be aware, some Techspec pads can be quite abrasive on the top surface. I had one of their tanks pads on my Speed Triple and it wore through the top layer of my leather jacket in about 3 months.

Thanks for this advice, I’ll avoid the super grippy design from all sources

Back
Top Bottom