USB C charging help

topcat2006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please can someone suggest a cable to help with this issue.

I have a Samsung Note 10 that I use with Android Auto with a Pioneer head unit. The Pioneer doesn't charge fast enough and the phone battery runs down whilst using Android Auto.

Is there a cable that would be a "Y" to enable me to charge from a seperate source to the Android Auto?

I've seen the OTG "Y" cables but am unsure wether they would do thi.

Thanks

Tom

Cable in your pioneer unit as Normal, and get an inductive charger to lay the Note10 on. The inductive charger will work off a different USB outlet.

Cable in your pioneer unit as Normal, and get an inductive charger to lay the Note10 on. The inductive charger will work off a different USB outlet.
Thanks, but due to the case I have in order to mount the phone on my dash inductive chargjngnis a no go. It needs to be a cable solution.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

If you google: “ samsung note 10, samsung connect, pioneer head unit” - do none of the results match up with your situation? There are a couple of youtube vids in there too

If you google: “ samsung note 10, samsung connect, pioneer head unit” - do none of the results match up with your situation? There are a couple of youtube vids in there too
No - connectivity is not the issue, charging is.

The otg cables might work, they are cheap enough to try.
Been reading about them to add memory to a fire stick so there are reasons to suggest it could be your solution

I don't know about a lead that does what you need but a simple answer may be to reduce consumption by stopping apps.
running you don't need and every so often give the phone a boost charge via an in car fast smart charger :nenau

Or, you could just buy a Y lead (they are cheap enough) and see if you can get a configuration that does what you want.

Sounds like the head unit is providing lower amperage, and takes longer to charge things like iPhones/Galaxy Notes, etc.
I don't think I've ever seen the cable you, rightly, would like to use.

Sounds like once you connect your Note to your Stereo - you are pretty much precluded from feeding in additional power, unless you find a way of utilising inductive -charging.

As above - perhaps reducing the consumption by minimising app-power usage, but that might be a bit restrictive as you may need a bright screen and also wish to use nav software while driving.

How about just transferring all your music to a cheap MP3 player or usb stick to feed your Head unit with tunes? Might be all you can do until someone produces a solution.

Yes - but android auto is only available with bluetooth AND cable connection.

Nope not true, android auto wireless is available, not over bluetooth though as it does not have the bandwidth apparently, so long as the head unit has wifi then it will go wireless
dont know what your head unit is but there is large number of pioneer head units that do wifi and WILL connect wirelessly with android auto, well so they say ;-)

Nope not true, android auto wireless is available, not over bluetooth though as it does not have the bandwidth apparently, so long as the head unit has wifi then it will go wireless
dont know what your head unit is but there is large number of pioneer head units that do wifi and WILL connect wirelessly with android auto, well so they say ;-)
Not the one I've got.....

To the other comments about power usage - the only app running is maps and android auto. That's about as low as it will go.

The spec of the head unit confirm its a low charging current hence wanting to charge whilst using it.

I might purchase a OTG cable as they are cheap enough and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom