Pike fishing in Ireland

Rick 1600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We’re taking the caravan to Ireland this summer so I thought I’d do a bit of pike fishing.
I know there’s loads on the internet about where to go but a bit of local knowledge would be a great help. Thinking of bank fishing but also wouldn’t mind hiring a boat for a few days.

Rick. :beer::aidan

Have a look at this website Some good info under the 'Pike' drop-down menu

Depends a lot on which areas you'll be visiting, generally better pike fishing in the Midlands and along the Border counties. If you're going to be in N Ireland, Fermanagh is hard to beat :thumb2

Oh, and there's no closed season for pike in Ireland

Cheers guys, wife wants to go to Galway, Kerry etc but I’ve not booked any sites yet.
I fly fish, spin and sometimes sit on my bum.
I’ll have a look at those websites .

Taking the caravan to Kerry? Good luck on the 'ring' ! :aidan

Please, don't take the caravan around the lakes road, meet a coach coming the other way and that is you stuck for the day... it happens fairly frequently, especially in the summer.

Taking the caravan to Kerry? Good luck on the 'ring' ! :aidan

Please, don't take the caravan around the lakes road, meet a coach coming the other way and that is you stuck for the day... it happens fairly frequently, especially in the summer.
As a traveling salesman...... I much prefer doing my Cork/Kerry runs at this time of the year, for that very reason.

from my G8 ThinQ

As a frequent visitor to Kerry myself from Clare, I would suggest the use of the excellent caravan & camping site in Killarney (used it many times myself) and leave the caravan there and off you go and explore the highways and byways of that beautiful county.
As for the tour buses in high season...... just do the ring of Kerry route from the other end going towards them rather than with them. If your hell bent on going with them just look up their time table and leave before the earliest departure.
Whatever you decide to do.... just relax and enjoy.....your on holiday!

PS Galway,Clare to Kerry coastline you will get to see some of the best of the WAW too.

Emason, there’s a few sites around Killarney. What’s the name of the one you’ve stayed at?

Back
Top Bottom