I am looking for help....

perhaps he was always aiming for Norfolk.... afterall he's of a certain age...?

My Uncle was the on site Manager for the London Hydraulic Company pumping station, on Wapping Wall, and remained there for a time after it closed down. More or less opposite The Prospect. I see Martin Lewis occasionally uses the facility for his Money Show and it also featured in an episode of Marcella.

I thought a man of your standing would have whistled up a chopper and flown over the plebs on the roads you wanted to avoid

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

What a useless fucking thread. You are a fully grown man asking for directions from London to Essex. Do you need instructions on toilet roll? Idiot.

i case you hadn't noticed wapping is taking the piss as usual and i have probably fallen into the trap by pointing it out.:green gri

i case you hadn't noticed wapping is taking the piss as usual and i have probably fallen into the trap by pointing it out.:green gri

Yes and yes!

:D

But, secretly, there was a massive all-day rave at Wapping Towers yesterday!

I made it there.....

3cffcb121dc35a5af79a2ccc5a30cfb5.jpg

bb4c250d8a2ac752ca4c40fe6cc2e8cf.jpg

acbeb397a5fff091371ad47940b32e82.jpg

2784dab365dc39a857b893ac57b386ed.jpg

58feef6f602947260b17b37f564db034.jpg

3392f2178677c3cade54268d4ef81e99.jpg

Many thanks for all your help and support guys, without which this site would not be what it is.

For anyone who’d like to recreate the journey, it’s:

A1203 (The Highway) eastwards

Limehouse Link Tunnel

A1261 eastwards (or you could take the A13)

Leamouth tunnel / underpass (not sure what it is)

A13 eastwards, past Beckton, Dagenham (place of my daughter’s birth) and Rainham

Left on the M25 junction 30

Right on the A12 (direction Chelmsford) junction 28

You will then enter Essex..... after that you are on your own! Return post haste.

Of course, when I got there it was more than one picture to hang...

A picture

Two shelves, both level (naturally) and at points so exact it would have taxed the builders of the pyramids

Some decorative object, to be hung with the precision of a moon landing

A rail in the airing cupboard

Thankfully, I had anticipated that “Hang a picture for me, please” was code for “Do lots of other things, too” , so I had arrived kitted like Bob the Builder. Happy days.

PS Yes, I had my phone in my hand to take the pictures. Hang me, too.

You would really think someone on a bike forum would know better than to use their phone while driving.

60mph on a motorway, and taking photos while driving. You just don’t care! :D

60mph on a motorway, and taking photos while driving. You just don’t care! :D
And the number plate in one of the previous photos. Time date and location of the offence thanks to him blogging so much.

Bastard cage driver, slowing down bikermates in the tunnel by only doing 26mph in a 30mph limit. :rob

Bastard cage driver, slowing down bikermates in the tunnel by only doing 26mph in a 30mph limit. :rob

I got pulled over for doing 56 mph on my Blackbird in the same tunnel.... and let off. That was before the three sets of cameras were put in. I was also let off at the same time for displaying a tax disc (didn’t need help on where to mount it) that was exactly a year out of date.

56 in a thirty! Hang the fecker!

56 in a thirty! Hang the fecker!

Indeed. :D

Happy you made it back.
Now, please, will you clean the dust from your dashboard? We have some standards here!

Interesting. In order to do that, I’d have to navigate around the M25 to enter the tunnel from the south side of the river. I did say, no motorways, did I not? I am not ruling it out, though would you recommend a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction around the M25, as a mate says (and I’ve read it here) that it is a nightmare and best avoided. Failing that, I think I see that I can hit the bottom of the Dartford tunnel by crossing under the river via Blackwall or over the Thames by taking one of the many bridges.

I have absolutely no confidence in security guards, having seen the mess they caused in the run-up to the London Olympics, meaning that our brave fighting men had to be drafted in to take over. I will not be employing one to assist in the picture hanging, I can tell you.

Technically speaking the Dartford crossing is not a motorway and it is possible to use it without going on a motorway.

Back
Top Bottom