Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for help....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    perhaps he was always aiming for Norfolk.... afterall he's of a certain age...?

My Uncle was the on site Manager for the London Hydraulic Company pumping station, on Wapping Wall, and remained there for a time after it closed down. More or less opposite The Prospect. I see Martin Lewis occasionally uses the facility for his Money Show and it also featured in an episode of Marcella.

I thought a man of your standing would have whistled up a chopper and flown over the plebs on the roads you wanted to avoid

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Watch out for the b'stards they're out to get you

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What a useless fucking thread. You are a fully grown man asking for directions from London to Essex. Do you need instructions on toilet roll? Idiot.
    i case you hadn't noticed wapping is taking the piss as usual and i have probably fallen into the trap by pointing it out.

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jags View Post
    i case you hadn't noticed wapping is taking the piss as usual and i have probably fallen into the trap by pointing it out.
    Yes and yes!

But, secretly, there was a massive all-day rave at Wapping Towers yesterday!
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

I made it there.....

Many thanks for all your help and support guys, without which this site would not be what it is.

For anyone who’d like to recreate the journey, it’s:

A1203 (The Highway) eastwards

Limehouse Link Tunnel

A1261 eastwards (or you could take the A13)

Leamouth tunnel / underpass (not sure what it is)

A13 eastwards, past Beckton, Dagenham (place of my daughter’s birth) and Rainham

Left on the M25 junction 30

Right on the A12 (direction Chelmsford) junction 28

You will then enter Essex..... after that you are on your own! Return post haste.

Of course, when I got there it was more than one picture to hang...

A picture

Two shelves, both level (naturally) and at points so exact it would have taxed the builders of the pyramids

Some decorative object, to be hung with the precision of a moon landing

A rail in the airing cupboard

Thankfully, I had anticipated that “Hang a picture for me, please” was code for “Do lots of other things, too” , so I had arrived kitted like Bob the Builder. Happy days.

PS Yes, I had my phone in my hand to take the pictures. Hang me, too.

You would really think someone on a bike forum would know better than to use their phone while driving.

Phew. I was wondering if you’d been to see the Janitor

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...n-supermarket/

Ooh me Chalfonts Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    PS Going by cage
    Don't forget to hang the furry dice of the rear view mirror. Vital if you to blend in with the locals.
    Keefffff

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either..

60mph on a motorway, and taking photos while driving. You just don’t care!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty KTMer View Post
    60mph on a motorway, and taking photos while driving. You just don’t care!
    And the number plate in one of the previous photos. Time date and location of the offence thanks to him blogging so much.

Bastard cage driver, slowing down bikermates in the tunnel by only doing 26mph in a 30mph limit.
    Everything was better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    Bastard cage driver, slowing down bikermates in the tunnel by only doing 26mph in a 30mph limit.
    I got pulled over for doing 56 mph on my Blackbird in the same tunnel.... and let off. That was before the three sets of cameras were put in. I was also let off at the same time for displaying a tax disc (didn’t need help on where to mount it) that was exactly a year out of date.

56 in a thirty! Hang the fecker!

56 in a thirty! Hang the fecker!
    Indeed.

Happy you made it back.
    Now, please, will you clean the dust from your dashboard? We have some standards here!
    R1150R '03 [on hiatus]
    R1200GS Adv '07
    HP2 Sport '11
    [I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Interesting. In order to do that, I’d have to navigate around the M25 to enter the tunnel from the south side of the river. I did say, no motorways, did I not? I am not ruling it out, though would you recommend a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction around the M25, as a mate says (and I’ve read it here) that it is a nightmare and best avoided. Failing that, I think I see that I can hit the bottom of the Dartford tunnel by crossing under the river via Blackwall or over the Thames by taking one of the many bridges.

I have absolutely no confidence in security guards, having seen the mess they caused in the run-up to the London Olympics, meaning that our brave fighting men had to be drafted in to take over. I will not be employing one to assist in the picture hanging, I can tell you.
    Technically speaking the Dartford crossing is not a motorway and it is possible to use it without going on a motorway.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I am off to Essex.... again!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast