View tracks on Basecamp without waypoint symbols

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For reasons of my own, I want to view a series of long tracks in Basecamp, but I don't want the view cluttered with symbols, like the one below with all the caffs and airports and stuff. Is there a way to turn off viewing the symbols, without just putting the track in a separate folder?

it looks to me like all your cafes and petrol stations and way points are already combined in your routes/tracks, the airports and roads being the only things that would show if the routes/tracks were removed. the image below is about as bare as you can get, the track displayed has no visible points on it, is that the sort of thing you are after?

Attachments

• bland.jpg
    bland.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 76
Yes Lee, that's it. I've found a way to take out airports and other clutter by clicking the gearwheel in the map controls and deselecting all the stuff i don't want, but the cafe's and viewpoints are with the 3 sets of track's I'm looking at, combined in 1 folder - so maybe no easy way to take them out

the first thing you will need to do is to find out just what they are are they a track or a route, they are very different. if a route you should be able to just convert to a track using create track from route function in edit, once that's done you can save it in a different folder from the original, do that with all of them putting them in the same folder and then open the folder with the saved tracks and all you will see then is a track with maybe just a start and end point. or if they are in fact tracks and the cafe and stations are just separate way points you should be able to just delete each way point to remove the clutter

Back
Top Bottom