Does this sound likely ?

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Month or so ago I posted on here about an issue with the key battery,

I remedied that issue, Or rather, It remedied itself ?

OK. I purchased a DJI car charger. To charge my drone batteries whilst of the road. I had to though, cut off the standard car charger plug and fit the BMW Hella din plug. All very simple.
However, the first time I tested it.... Plugged it in. Light on charger lit green. Plugged battery into charger. Light goes out, nothing. Unplugged hella.
I then restart the ignition. I now get a message " Key battery low, Limited central locking" After changing three new batteries. gave up. But next day went to bike, started ignition. ALl OK, No weak key message....... happy
Today. I extend the DJI battery charger cable. And plug it in. Green light on charger. Plug in battery..... nothing.And low and behold, Message now again on the dash "Low key" blah blah blah.....
So. Is my suspicion correct ? Is the DJI battery charger drawing over the allowed limit and switching the outlet off, and for some reason sending the low key message ? ?
Possible ?
Is there anyone here that charges their DJI batteries from their bike ?:nenau

Attachments

• 83028732_10215821901276344_5999040453096243200_o.jpg
    83028732_10215821901276344_5999040453096243200_o.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 625
I think the problem might be that the BMW socket only has an output of 5 amp

I think the problem might be that the BMW socket only has an output of 5 amp

I agree.
Direct to the battery is the solution. The TFT warning of low key battery is a bit strange though .

possibly 2 things happening - over current on the socket is causing the charger to trip out plus the charger might be generating a load of electrical noise that drowns the signal from the key fob, making the ECU think the battery is weak.

As suggested, go directly to the battery for the charger. If you still get the "low battery" warning you will now the charger is a piece of shit that is not properly suppressed.

possibly 2 things happening - over current on the socket is causing the charger to trip out plus the charger might be generating a load of electrical noise that drowns the signal from the key fob, making the ECU think the battery is weak.

As suggested, go directly to the battery for the charger. If you still get the "low battery" warning you will now the charger is a piece of shit that is not properly suppressed.

The Charger is a Chinese knock off, so you may be right:D

Month or so ago I posted on here about an issue with the key battery,

I remedied that issue, Or rather, It remedied itself ?

OK. I purchased a DJI car charger. To charge my drone batteries whilst of the road. I had to though, cut off the standard car charger plug and fit the BMW Hella din plug. All very simple.
However, the first time I tested it.... Plugged it in. Light on charger lit green. Plugged battery into charger. Light goes out, nothing. Unplugged hella.
I then restart the ignition. I now get a message " Key battery low, Limited central locking" After changing three new batteries. gave up. But next day went to bike, started ignition. ALl OK, No weak key message....... happy
Today. I extend the DJI battery charger cable. And plug it in. Green light on charger. Plug in battery..... nothing.And low and behold, Message now again on the dash "Low key" blah blah blah.....
So. Is my suspicion correct ? Is the DJI battery charger drawing over the allowed limit and switching the outlet off, and for some reason sending the low key message ? ?
Possible ?
Is there anyone here that charges their DJI batteries from their bike ?:nenau

Mmmm, got me thinking. My key fob battery woes started around the time I fitted an Innovv C5 camera system. Wonder if it is picking up interference.

Back
Top Bottom