brake light not working with rear brake pedal

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. Been loaned a scrambler in S Africa for a week. Lights work, rear brake light only works with front brake. If I use back break no brake light shows. Looking to fix it for the mate who kindly leant it to me. I have looked for where the switch is and can’t see anything that remotely like switch/plunger/sensor. Any ideas where to start? I think it’s a 2018 model
4a381d086b782a27fa43b192693be1ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cable's probably a poorly routed oil pressure switch or neutral switch wire.

Instead of looking at the brake pedal, look at the rear master cylinder area.
If there isn't a visible old style brake light switch around there, look at where the hydraulic banjo fitting is.
It may have a hydraulic pressure brake light switch.

ok will have a look, the rear abs sensor is all good, the looping cable attaches to what could well be the oil sensor. Brake pedal comes to rest on a plastic covered point and no pressing there makes any difference so ill check out the rear. ta

Make sure you check the rear master cylinder area, rather than the caliper.
Although there could possibly be a hydraulic banjo fitting on the caliper, it would be a crazy long run for the cable.
My money's on the rear master cylinder area....follow the brake rod from the pedal.

A quick Google suggests there may be an old style crappy plastic switch just behind the pedal in the pivot area and it's prone to getting broken off.
Have a poke around that area, just under the engine casing and behind the pedal pivot.

A quick Google suggests there may be an old style crappy plastic switch just behind the pedal in the pivot area and it's prone to getting broken off.
Have a poke around that area, just under the engine casing and behind the pedal pivot.

Yeah I saw that post too, with the read switch. Have looked but looks all good. Will do ore looking. Followers brake line back to under the seat where some type of control unit (abs) dit’s. It banjos straight on at bottom right
297d56a31765a71beb59667b0047b7a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s Africa, make sure that it had one in the first place before you waste too much time.

If it follows convention it should either be around the pedal or between the rear master cyl and ABS pump.

Stupid question maybe but just had a look at ours and it is adjustable, it may just need adjusting, but saying that there are some strange electrics on these Italian bikes...

Back
Top Bottom