hotel recomendations potes?

pikeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did look to see if I could find a thread on this but cant so sorry if this has been asked a million times!! Any recommendations for Hotels around potes? Ideally just outside of town. We have looked at posada laura? not after super cheap. So a bit out of town but walkable for an evening. thank you.

I'm in Hotel del Oso near Potes early Sept, Haven't been there before but it comes recommended on here and else where, Brittany Ferries do a Package crossing and hotel deal including this hotel which is good value

http://hoteldeloso.es/en/home/

Hotel del Oso is certainly lovely. A tip.....if you plan on going up in the cable car just up the road make sure you get there when it opens or slightly before as the queues can get pretty bad!

I'm in Hotel del Oso near Potes early Sept, Haven't been there before but it comes recommended on here and else where, Brittany Ferries do a Package crossing and hotel deal including this hotel which is good value

http://hoteldeloso.es/en/home/

Hi, yes I have seen this gets good reviews, but it seems a bit out of the way so after a days riding its either ride somewhere for food or eat at the hotel?

The Cosgaya, opposite del Oso has a good reputation too.

There is also the Rubeco in Fuente De, just down the road. Staying here means you do not need to ride the bikes to the cable car if having a day on the mountain.

I wish I had used one of those 3 as I was underwhelmed by the Parador.

Hi, yes I have seen this gets good reviews, but it seems a bit out of the way so after a days riding its either ride somewhere for food or eat at the hotel?

I have a half board deal at hotel del osa so no need to find meals away from the hotel after a day out, food is recommended there

Hotel Del Oso is fantastic,the food being the highlight whether it be dinner or breakfast !
Stayed there for four nights in 2018 and never ate the same thing.
The Fabada Asturiana stew on as a starter is amazing !

Another vote for the Hotel Del Oso and the package ferry and hotel deal.

07c7a4ce2f64ecc6940d8282390828d1.jpg
20d4071c877ffd278aa280da66beb6f7.jpg
f3f4c10f84100bc90ccf4e1f94850221.jpg
9557cabcf1e7f47c2d47aef4ee7e05b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We had a cracking hotel in Panes, last October and made a great base for the Picos and Asturias coastline

Situated at the start of L’Hermida gorge, I found it easier to explore more of the total area - we did a lot of Palencia area on this trip and the coast, so a really good base

Hotel was called Hotel Covadonga and was in a small square with a few bars in it

Having stayed in Potes many times and at Hotel del’Oso before, I found this location better

Spot on!! and they dont serve dinner until 20.30 also dont take a room above the restaurant its noisy with the waitress and the cleaning up in the late evening. Other than that it's nice but I will be staying in potes itself this year.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spot on!! and they dont serve dinner until 20.30 also dont take a room above the restaurant its noisy with the waitress and the cleaning up in the late evening. Other than that it's nice but I will be staying in potes itself this year.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not many Spanish hotels & restaurant open before 8.30pm - it’s their way of life
Just have tapas and a beer at 6-7pm and wait

We stayed here in 2017, superb :-

https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/apartamentos-villa-de-potes.en-gb.html

Stunning location in the quiet back streets of Potes old town, 5 minutes walk to centre.
Bike can be parked in the courtyard inside the main iron gates at the front. Beautiful pool with views of the Picos.

Cheers...............................Grizzly:beerjug:

Yeah we stayed there too. Nice and central for Potes, and bit of a squeeze to get there in the car, though that won't be a problem for you.

October 2018 stayed at Hotel Valdecoro. Chalet style and contemporary styled rooms which are fine but lack character. Great for walking into town. Bike parked round the bike so safe enough.

A word on the Hotel Del Oso, if I may. I stress that this is a personal opinion and it will depend on how you like to wind down after a day in the saddle. HDO is a lovely hotel - I have had the pleasure of staying there twice; once for a recce in June, then once on tour with my buddies last September - but the village it is in (Cosgaya) is dead in every way it's possible to be, even in summer.

It does have a pool which will likely be open.....
The staff are lovely.

but....

It's 14kms from Potes where you will have to ride to before you begin your day anyway.
The bar is soulless and very small but you will be able to sit outside and watch the babbling brook quaffing ale.
Whilst the food is top notch, it's top notch everywhere within a radius of 100 miles, but you will only be able to eat at the restaurant; there's no other choice.
Top Tip: Be fuelled up every night because the nearest petrol is 16kms the wrong way (towards the coast) from HDO incl of 14k to Potes

On reflection, I think I would rather have stayed in Potes itself which had riverside bars and restaurants and there was more "life" going on. It wasn't bustling, just busy enough. One night in HDO is all you really need but, as I say, it all depends on whether you just like to relax in complete peace and quiet and eat and drink in the same place every night for 7 days, because if you prefer a little more choice and some merryment, then you won't like it much after two nights.

TBC.....

A word on the Hotel Del Oso, if I may. I stress that this is a personal opinion and it will depend on how you like to wind down after a day in the saddle. HDO is a lovely hotel - I have had the pleasure of staying there twice; once for a recce in June, then once on tour with my buddies last September - but the village it is in (Cosgaya) is dead in every way it's possible to be, even in summer.

It does have a pool which will likely be open.....
The staff are lovely.

but....

It's 14kms from Potes where you will have to ride to before you begin your day anyway.
The bar is soulless and very small but you will be able to sit outside and watch the babbling brook quaffing ale.
Whilst the food is top notch, it's top notch everywhere within a radius of 100 miles, but you will only be able to eat at the restaurant; there's no other choice.
Top Tip: Be fuelled up every night because the nearest petrol is 16kms the wrong way (towards the coast) from HDO incl of 14k to Potes

On reflection, I think I would rather have stayed in Potes itself which had riverside bars and restaurants and there was more "life" going on. It wasn't bustling, just busy enough. One night in HDO is all you really need but, as I say, it all depends on whether you just like to relax in complete peace and quiet and eat and drink in the same place every night for 7 days.

TBC.....

Thanks, Sounds great, :thumb cant wait:D

Back
Top Bottom