Problems after updating to 2020.30 maps - NOW RESOLVED - SCROLL TO THE END - Feb 2020

There seems to be a new version of 2020.30 available today along with (mac) version 6.20.0.0 of Garmin express.

It looks like a full 7.7GB map download but in fact it goes very quickly to about 96% and then seems to download as normal.

However, having done this, the straightlining problem still exists :mad:

There seems to be a new version of 2020.30 available today along with (mac) version 6.20.0.0 of Garmin express.

It looks like a full 7.7GB map download but in fact it goes very quickly to about 96% and then seems to download as normal.

However, having done this, the straightlining problem still exists :mad:

I'll hang on a bit then.

But thanks for the update

I'll hang on a bit then.

But thanks for the update

Well, I could not help myself!!!!!

I uploaded the new Basecamp version 4.8.8

Checked Garmin Express (which is version 6.20.0.0) and it does not offer up any new map updates

Then fired up BC and ticked the 'Maps' dropdown menu and selected the infamous 'City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3' maps.
- the straightlining issue seems to have been fixed. A route created in 2020.2 did not change when I chnges to the 2020.3 maps.
- tried amending the route, which (as normal) caused the route to straight-line between the remaining Waypoints. Clicking the 'Recalculate' button gave me the necessary wiggly line.

So seems to have been fixed

Checked Garmin Express (which is version 6.20.0.0) and it does not offer up any new map updates

I uploaded the new Basecamp version 4.8.8

Thank you for the heads up, Paul. I too received the email but saw your post first.

Downloaded from: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4449

It works perfectly now.

Richard

PS It's not a new map that comes down. It's simply a new version of BaseCamp for Mac, which integrates with the now infamous 2020.3 maps. I guess that is why Garmin Express (quite rightly) says that the maps are up to date.

PPS ONE HEADS UP........ Following the update to BaseCamp 4.8.8 you may well find that your routing preferences have defaulted back to the factory settings. Mine had. If this is important to you, change them back to what you want them to be.

Heads up two: Under the previous 2020.3 / pre-4.8.8 version of BaseCamp, a route would not display any time taken to drive from A to B or, if there were any way or shaping points in between, again no times taken to go, A to D via B and C. This remains the case for any route created or displayed under the old version, until that is you carry out a route recalculation, when the times will reappear as if by magic.

All in in all, a pretty fast fix from Garmin..... and yes, we all know that they should not have released a shonky map update in the first place. That’s IT for you, they still haven’t got Crossrail running yet and that cost billions.

The problem, exclusive to Mac owners, is now resolved.

My thanks to all for their helpful contributions to the thread :thumb2

Case closed.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom