BMW to factory fit Trackers to all models except the 310

littleade

Elderly twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been talking to my dealer about when my 1250 will be delivered and he's said BMW have taken the decision that all bikes except the 310 will now be fitted with a tracker and have put up prices across the models concerned by £295. 1st year subscription will be free with costs after that circa £10 a month if you decide to keep your tracker subscription going

It’s been on the configuration tool as a no cost option for a little while. It’s the Datatool TrakKing which seems to be a pretty good unit, mate of mine and member of this parish has one on his Africa Twin.

Seems like a good idea. Factory fit :thumb

Honda fitted one to my Africa Twin free of charge.

Seems like a good idea. Factory fit :thumb

Honda fitted one to my Africa Twin free of charge.

If it is factory fit they will all be in the same place and as soon as the first one of each model hits the showroom floor the shite will know exactly where they are on each one .

Not all BMW employed staff are necessarily honest

If it is factory fit they will all be in the same place and as soon as the first one of each model hits the showroom floor the shite will know exactly where they are on each one .

Hmmm... and there I was just thinking wouldn't it be great if ALL bikes had a tracker. Then you brought me back to reality!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Come on it's a motorbike, not a range rover. If they look they'll find it.

Main point is all BMW's from a certain year will have trackers. The scum will learn this and maybe just steer clear of BMW's. Good thing for BMW owners and a no brainer for BMW.

If only they could be so pragmatic with their shit rusting paint jobs.

I’m surprised it’s taken as long as it has. Hopefully it might deter some low life’s, best start putting on Facebook and spreading the word.

My last three bikes have had a tracker.

Come on it's a motorbike, not a range rover. If they look they'll find it.

Main point is all BMW's from a certain year will have trackers. The scum will learn this and maybe just steer clear of BMW's. Good thing for BMW owners and a no brainer for BMW.

If only they could be so pragmatic with their shit rusting paint jobs.
I'd suggest a bike is harder to find...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A tracker tracker costs around £60 from Amazon.-
BMW are behind the curve unless the tracker is built so deeply into the bike to be irresistible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cunning by BMW. If the bike is already fitted with the SOS function, it has a tracker which just needs programming to alert on movement when the key is not in range.

Yet another money making dodge. If i was going to fita tracker it would be an Automatrics M track. Cheaper over three years than BMW.

Just fitting the tracker is not much good as you say they will be known where and how to override them by the low life. BMW should take the opportunity to embed the tracker electronics in the various ECU units and make it a real factory fit which cannot just be ripped out!

Just fitting the tracker is not much good as you say they will be known where and how to override them by the low life. BMW should take the opportunity to embed the tracker electronics in the various ECU units and make it a real factory fit which cannot just be ripped out!

Just about the put that. In the ECU the bikes no good without it and you can't swap them over... But, you can still sell the bit's I guess as once in a container, the tracker does not work?

I’m guessing that the insurance companies will now insist you pay said subscription now, or they won’t pay out in the event of theft since it is factory fitted.
Pretty much like home alarms, (I have an all bells and whistles one in my home/garage), but if you advise the insurance company you have one, and you don’t arm it for whatever reason, they won’t cover you. (Saving is negligible anyway)
Cheers
Dave

Had a TrakKing fitted to my 1250 GSA by dealer and first time I gave the bike a deep clean, I found it. Not difficult.

Firstly Ducati are already fitting trackers to Multistrada ( bike trac)

I had a conversation with the good folk at biketrac about why my unit wasnt working as i thought it should and was told that it certainly was working ( they gave me a "route " of where the bike had been and for how long despite the fact that this didnt show on my phone ( which was why i rang them)

They did tell me in the course of that conversation that it depends where the Manufacturer had placed the device as they put it in many different places some of which can affect the sending info to the app but not HQ

Having it built into the ECU and systems of the bike like ABS, traction control etc is only way. As previous poster has said SOS is almost there anyway.

Yet another money making dodge. If i was going to fita tracker it would be an Automatrics M track. Cheaper over three years than BMW.

If the sizes listed on their site are accurate I think you'll struggle to find a place to securely fit it, particularly if you have a factory alarm.

Back
Top Bottom