Google to gpx to track to route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve in Kent

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know I am missing something but do not know what.

I was sent a link to a Google route, I used this to paste into an online GPX tool.

Imported the gpx into Basecamp and it showed as a track in Basecamp.

Then right clicked the track in the Navigator V folder and chose make route.

Route shows okay in Basecamp along with the other routes I have.

Unplug Nav V, go to import the new route but only my original routes are showing as available for import.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Convert it into a route in BaseCamp on your PC. Then send it to your device, perhaps?

the way i do it sounds the same as yourself until your step after showed as track in basecamp, what i do after that is convert the track to a route using basecamp, and once that is done i check that the route follows the track, then i plug in the nav and transfer the gpx route to the nav using the transfer route function in basecamp, then unplug the nav and ensure the route is there, Oh you may wish to give it name before transfer.

Convert it into a route in BaseCamp on your PC. Then send it to your device, perhaps?

This is what I did by right clicking on the track and choosing "Create route from selected track" (But then didn't transfer it, thank you...

This is what I did by right clicking on the track and choosing "Create route from selected track"

Are you doing it within the Nav V folder on your PC or within the BaseCamp folder on your PC? I think that is what Lee is sort of asking, too.

Have you tried dragging the route across to your device, as opposed to sending it across?

Is the route you are sending across going into the device itself or into any memory card you may have installed in it?

the way i do it sounds the same as yourself until your step after showed as track in basecamp, what i do after that is convert the track to a route using basecamp, and once that is done i check that the route follows the track, then i plug in the nav and transfer the gpx route to the nav using the transfer route function in basecamp, then unplug the nav and ensure the route is there, Oh you may wish to give it name before transfer.

Ahh, hadn't transferred the route from Basecamp to the NAV V, thanks.

Are you doing it within the Nav V folder on your PC or within the BaseCamp folder on your PC? I think that is what Lee is sort of asking, too.

Have you tried dragging the route across to your device, as opposed to sending it across?

Is the route you are sending across going into the device itself or into any memory card you may have installed in it?

All sorted, I hadn't transferred it across to the NAV V, but I thought I had created the route in the NAV V folder previously, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom