Weaponised Camel Toe Installed

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thankfully Cory at Camel ADV has made a WEAPONISED SIDE STAND replacement for the Africa Twin. Much much better... (can also be used as a branding iron, whacking stick and pizza slicer)

Background story :-

When I was out training at Sweet Lamb Adventure Bike Academy last year..... I had a tube failure. The tube actually split on the seam, so I've since upgraded only to Michelin Heavy Duty Tubes.....

ANYWAYS..... part of this mini-nightmare was Molly insisting it would only take 5 minutes to change the tube.

Showing me how to pivot the bike on the sidestand and get the rogue wheel into the air.....

EXCEPT..... the standard side stand is so weak, it flexed so badly we had to immediately forget that idea (for fear of the side stand snapping) it really is that bad.

You can forget 180 degree side stand pivot turns off-road.... it won't take it.

But thankfully Cory at Camel ADV has had the same issue and built a replacement :comfort :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 :okay

Attachments

• Side Stand 1.jpg
    Side Stand 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Side Stand 2.jpg
    Side Stand 2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Side Stand 3.jpg
    Side Stand 3.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 292
Looks like a great solution that has got you "out of a rut" ;) :D

More information here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jeSS7XHzTHA?start=76" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh.... and there was no grease on my original sidestand bushings....

So you may want to check yours anyway, and get some grease in them at least :thumb2

How much was that? I fancy taking off the centre stand and simply carrying a small adjustable rod to sit under the RHS swing arm together with the side stand for a wheel change

Oh.... and there was no grease on my original sidestand bushings....

So you may want to check yours anyway, and get some grease in them at least :thumb2

Spray the joint with chain lube every time you do the chain :)

How much was that? I fancy taking off the centre stand and simply carrying a small adjustable rod to sit under the RHS swing arm together with the side stand for a wheel change

Here you go.... they ship them from Rugged Roads in the UK

https://ruggedroads.co.uk/Camel-Toe-Side-Stand-CRF1000-and-CRF1000-Adventure-Sport-all-years

It depends on whether you want

a) Shortened by -25mm
b) Standard Height
c) Lengthened by +25mm

My Standard Height cost me £ 134.90 including postage

Spray the joint with chain lube every time you do the chain :)

Good idea. Except I use Chain Wax, but I'll just strip it down every now and then during servicing and put grease in it anyways, it really isn't a hardship.

I was just surprised how dry it was :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom