Cardo Freecom 4 Plus Intercom Questions

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi all.
This is an email I sent to Cardo support, but as usual no reply so wondering if anyone here may know the answers:

----------
I have recently bought a Freecom 4+, it’s much better than my older G4 but I have a few questions around the intercom.

I paired it with a non-cardo unit and this worked fine but the channel was permanently open so we hear each other all the time (we don’t need this when riding all day long and I wanted to listen to some music), I tried pressing the Intercom button hoping that would close the channel but it didn’t and I got a message saying “not available”, and I could still hear the other person, why is this?

Also, sometimes the unit doesn’t hear me correctly or I say the wrong thing and it responds by saying saying ‘calling intercom’, it then drops the BT connection with my satnav (Garmin 595) which I have to then manually reconnect whilst riding along so not ideal, why does it do this?
-----------

Has anyone else had this or know anything about it?

Much thanks in advance.

Hi GS just read your post and I’m having similar problems as to your second issue I.e. losing gps connection to zumo 590.
Was wondering if you ever found a solution because like yourself Cardo have yet to respond?

Cheers

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.
I ended up disabling the Phone and Media options under the Bluetooth for my phone on the 595 and just left the Application option selected for the traffic updates etc.
I find music from my phone has a much quality and I can control it using my voice, same for the voice calls - make calls using just my voice and not having to tap the 595 as I'm riding.
So far this seems to work well.

Back
Top Bottom