Not receiving all emails on btinternet account

Hustler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My main email account is with btinternet.
It seems I don't receive all the emails i should and one or two are being sent to me but I never receive them.
I had a friend send me a letter about a month ago as I hadn't replied to his emails.
Turns out I didn't get them.

Have found out tonight that a couple of recent emails haven't been received.
Obviously there could be more that I'm simply unaware of.

I do have an alternative icloud account which I'm now using but would be good to work out what has gone wrong with my bt account.
I've had a look around email preferences but cannot find anything wrong.

Any hints and tips most appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Found here that emails from eircom.net don't get to hotmail.com addresses...... I think (guess?) eircom.net might be blocked by hotmail due spamming from that domain.

I have experienced exactly the same issues in the last few days. I know that BT cut their ties with Yahoo, as I had a couple of e-mail addresses with Yahoo in the address that were part of my BT account. I received an e-mail from BT last week stating that I wouldn’t be able to use the Yahoo ones anymore.

But now my main Btinternet address is having the issues you describe, can’t get it to work on PC or android phone. However I deleted my e-mail account on my iPad and re-created the account and now seems to be working ok, but only on iPad.

IanB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies one and all.
I don't have a spam filter and don't have a hotmail address.
I don't have yahoo in the email address either.

Mine is a bit random in that I did not receive an email from my daughter recently and yet have received all her previous emails.
Similar with a friend although that was around a month ago.

Have you tried logging in to your email account direct to the server. You would then be able to see whether the server is receiving the emails.

Search for "bt internet email" (without the quotes) on Google and follow the links from there.

tom

Have you tried logging in to your email account direct to the server. You would then be able to see whether the server is receiving the emails.

Search for "bt internet email" (without the quotes) on Google and follow the links from there.

tom

Thanks tom.

Just tried that but the emails that I know I'm missing were not listed.
So guess that means the server hasn't received these emails.

Happens frequently but usually accessible via the webmail service.

Check the spam/junk folder on the webmail service for missing email and mark the sender as not spam

Thanks tom.

Just tried that but the emails that I know I'm missing were not listed.
So guess that means the server hasn't received these emails.

With that information call the btinternet helpline and see what they say.

tom

Thanks for the replies.

One of the emails I did not receive was from my daughter and yet the previous hundred or so from her all worked well and were always sent from the same email address.
I will talk to BT but probably not until tomorrow.
I'll report back.

Thanks again, appreciated.

Raised the problem with the bt helpline and they have now raised it to the next technical level.

They tell me I should hear something in a day or two.

I'll report back.

I have a mate with a BT email account.
BT's spam filter bounces any mails I send him unless I send them from my Gmail account.

Same here. Recently it has started happening with more of my friends not seeing my emails as they end up in Junk.

Most of them are BT customers too. Not sure if that is relevant as my son cannot see my emails and he’s on Hotmail. The only way I can email him is to “reply to” and edit an old email from him.

Curious.

A

An update for those waiting with bated breath ......

I can now reveal that the response from BT has been -

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I was assured I would hear from them within a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom